Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: So what do you think?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

So what do you think?

Advertisements
    I'm surprised no one has brought it up.

What does everyone think of these immigration proposals?
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    The Senate Judiciary Committee approved a less stringent version of the bill Monday. It allows for illegal immigrants to continue working in the country for six years if they pay fines and allows them to eventually become eligible for permanent residence.

The bill is now before the whole Senate and is expected to be approved.
  3. Independent Beachbody Coach
    Independent Beachbody Coach
    Well, I understand to a certain extent that the immigrants are coming over here to earn money and a better lifestyle for their family. I just wish the process of them getting to be legally here were easier for them. You know, like a program that took them through the whole process of learning english, our laws, etc.....I understand the desire for a better life as mexico is hardly a great place to raise a family.
  4. RockstarMom
    I have not really been watching too much TV lately, or reading the news. Been too busy with my own personal issues, but if anyone has a weblink I can go to (or several)I want to read up on it.
  5. Lilithdrff
    Personal experience, becoming even a resident of this country is incredibly difficult, especially if you're coming from Mexico and certain South American countries. The fines are very high, the red tape is more like a red roadblock, and the INS agents that do it all are rude (well at least the ones I've dealt with).
    I know that if decided all of a sudden that I'm no longer worthy of the US and took my papers away and kicked me out, my children would go with me. In my country I cannot guarantee they would live a comfortable oportunity filled life. *shrugg* I have nightmares about it still, because I'm not a citizen yet.
    Living in fear of prosecution (like many immigrants who are here, working, paying taxes and living the best life they can) and living in poverty (like many people who want to come to the US but have been denied.deported/or can't afford the fees) is not living.

There needs to be some reform, but taking away the little oportunities that remain for people who don't have much to begin with won't be the right answer. I don't have the answer for what would work, all I know is that my life was in shambles for many years because the current immigration system is not fair and is not being properly run.
    Last edited by Lilithdrff; 03-28-2006 at 07:58 PM.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlates...717561,00.html

In talking to my brother today...this has apparently gotten to be very bad...riots have started in Cali today!!
    I am gald they are finding a way to help make it easier...I just don't feel that this is the right way to do it personally
  7. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    There hasn't been any riots. There has been tons of walkouts, thousands of students, all across the nation, biggest ones being in Texas, Los Angeles, San diego, las vegas...

I am so proud of those students right now, I was getting chills and my eyes were welling up as I saw on the news all the walkouts across the nation. I was one of those students at one point, fighting for other injust propositions in the past, I got very nostalgic and wished I could have been there.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by sdshorty
    There hasn't been any riots. There has been tons of walkouts, thousands of students, all across the nation, biggest ones being in Texas, Los Angeles, San diego, las vegas...

I am so proud of those students right now, I was getting chills and my eyes were welling up as I saw on the news all the walkouts across the nation. I was one of those students at one point, fighting for other injust propositions in the past, I got very nostalgic and wished I could have been there.
    Woops...guess my brother didn't get his facts straight..LOL..I haven't really watched the news..guess I will now!!!
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    I dont have enough information to state an opinion at this point. I know that the immigration system is definitely lacking....
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Rach
    The Senate Judiciary Committee approved a less stringent version of the bill Monday. It allows for illegal immigrants to continue working in the country for six years if they pay fines and allows them to eventually become eligible for permanent residence.

The bill is now before the whole Senate and is expected to be approved.
    Did anyone read what I posted?

I don't understand why this is such a bad thing? It isn't nearly as strict as what they wanted.

So why be upset about this? I have not fully followed this, so I'm asking to understand.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast