Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: So what do you think?

1. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    Advertisements
    I have quite a radical view on this whole issue of immigration, so I'm gonna stay out of this one.

However I do want to say, the work that undocumented immigrants take, on the fields doing the back breaking work? I would love for any of you to spend just one day out there with them and finding out what that's really about. These people ARE also victims. Farmers and corporate pigs take full advantage and those people DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT get paid Anywhere close to minimum wage. Sometimes they are lucky to get paid half the minimum wage. THAT is why they get hired, beause they are willing to do whatever it takes for pennies on the dollar of what the 'average' jo would even come near to. Why do you thing organizations like the United Farm Workers and such a pain in the ass for these 'bosses', because they fight hard JUST to try and get BASIC human living conditions for these workers. Just because they are here undocumented, Does not make them less human. I have been out there, I have marched for justice, I have done the research, I have heard it from the people, I HAVE people like this in my own family. IMO people in this country need to start doing real research if they feel so strongly about such issues and just stop believing everything they hear on 'tv'.
  2. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    Well Renee, it appears that for once we may be in agreement. Shhhhhh...don't tell
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  3. Breezy
    I feel that the bill should be more strict. yeah let them become legal but I don't think it should be so "easy"
    As for the labor jobs not every farmer and such is an immigrant. Lets not forget that there are still MANY people in the south who live the same way they did 50 years ago etc...
    I know several people personally who are not immigrants that still work their asses off for a labor job just to put food on the table.
    Now living here in TX I sure see a heck of a lot more immigrants than americans building these houses and such but, they aren't "ALL" Immigrants
    ok that was my 2 cents worth
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by sdshorty
    I have quite a radical view on this whole issue of immigration, so I'm gonna stay out of this one.

However I do want to say, the work that undocumented immigrants take, on the fields doing the back breaking work? I would love for any of you to spend just one day out there with them and finding out what that's really about. These people ARE also victims. Farmers and corporate pigs take full advantage and those people DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT get paid Anywhere close to minimum wage. Sometimes they are lucky to get paid half the minimum wage. THAT is why they get hired, beause they are willing to do whatever it takes for pennies on the dollar of what the 'average' jo would even come near to. Why do you thing organizations like the United Farm Workers and such a pain in the ass for these 'bosses', because they fight hard JUST to try and get BASIC human living conditions for these workers. Just because they are here undocumented, Does not make them less human. I have been out there, I have marched for justice, I have done the research, I have heard it from the people, I HAVE people like this in my own family. IMO people in this country need to start doing real research if they feel so strongly about such issues and just stop believing everything they hear on 'tv'.
    I agree and disagree with what you have to say... the farming industry, as well as the landscaping industry do treat the immigrants poorly. I understand that it is backbreaking work, and I agree 100% that it is unfair that they are treated like that. But would they have to work those jobs if they were legally in the country? No. They would be able to get a legitimate job. If there weren't illegal immigrants taking these positions, you know what would happen? The farming industry would be forced to pay better wages or go out of business. (IMO, they should offer these positions to those who are incarcerated, but thats a whole other topic)

To me, I just don't understand how anyone can justify illegal immigration. It's ILLEGAL. I don't care what anyone says, America is a free country, but with that freedom comes laws and rules, and no matter how shitty or unfair they might seem, the citizens need to abide by them. Illegal aliens are criminals in my opinion, because they came into the country illegally.

Not to mention, not 100% of immigrants are breaking their backs trying to support a family. Many are taking advantage of the system, not paying taxes, doing drugs and committing crimes or are terrorists. Illegal immigrants can't be blanketed as just Mexicans coming across the southern border in an attempt to provide a better life for their family.

And just a note.. my opinions are not based on television. I do watch the news, but I also read the paper, have some college education, have spoken with many people on both sides of the issue, read "underground" newspapers as they are referred as... I am not saying that statement was geared towards me, but I just wanted to respond to it...
  5. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Rileysmom
    To me, I just don't understand how anyone can justify illegal immigration. It's ILLEGAL. I don't care what anyone says, America is a free country, but with that freedom comes laws and rules, and no matter how shitty or unfair they might seem, the citizens need to abide by them. Illegal aliens are criminals in my opinion, because they came into the country illegally.

Not to mention, not 100% of immigrants are breaking their backs trying to support a family. Many are taking advantage of the system, not paying taxes, doing drugs and committing crimes or are terrorists. Illegal immigrants can't be blanketed as just Mexicans coming across the southern border in an attempt to provide a better life for their family.

I have soo many personal opinons on this and yes my view point is jaded a little by living here in San Diego and seeing the bad side of having illegals living in the shadows of your community.

Basically the way I look it is, if you want to come here then follow the damn rules, take the neccessary steps LEGALLY to bring your ass into America, if you don't like our laws/rules then you may leave no hard feelings. Yes I dont believe the beauracratice red tape should be as hard to get through but it should be there and everyone needs to go through it.

I hate this country somedays too and hate how our society and gov't have turned out but you don't see me trying to bust down the walls of another country trying to get in. So why can't immigrants be respectful to the US.

And as for the kids protesting. If it was my daughter, I'd beat her ass red if she walked out of her classroom over this. You watch the news regarding this and more then half the kids have no clue nor intrest to talk about the issues at hand, instead choose to act like a pack of mad dogs needing a good ass whooping

6. Loving My Navy Veteran
    Loving My Navy Veteran

I COMPLETELY Agree with you.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by wileys_cherries

And as for the kids protesting. If it was my daughter, I'd beat her ass red if she walked out of her classroom over this. You watch the news regarding this and more then half the kids have no clue nor intrest to talk about the issues at hand, instead choose to act like a pack of mad dogs needing a good ass whooping
    Hell yes! It was very disconcerting to see all these young students on TV protesting, yet they were just yelling and partying, and upon being interviewed, had basically no idea what was going on. I am sure there were plenty of legitimate protesters out there, but seeing all these kids just take it as an opportunity to skip school made the whole thing look like a joke!
  8. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    AGAIN, just believing what you see on tv. Its very unfair to say more than half the students did not know why they were walking out. I know many high school teachers, and have actually been having dialog with many of them regarding this, and one thing we all agree on is that the news is STILL just media, looking for ratings. To them interviewing students who are intellegent and very knowledgable is just not as exciting. Most of the students of the 5 high school teachers in san diego I have spoken to had dialogues with their studdents after the walkouts. And saw how much passion most of these students had. Yes of course some of those students were just out following the crowd, however MANY MANY many of those students KNOW why they were walking out, they are teenagers, not stupid or ignorant. Some may not have all the knowledge in the world, but this experience has brought politics to light in their education and the experience of a walkout to me is a very important one. It teaches students that in order to make change, you must speak up and act. In order to make change you must be involved in the political system. At that age I was very aware of the political system and more than capable of making a decision such as that, in fact I myself was in the exact same spot as those students when proposition 187 came out and I was a junior in high school. I was the organizer.
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Well the newscast I saw was live, so they weren't doing it for ratings. YOu could even tell the reporter was awkward b/c of the one-word answers the students were giving. I just have to agree to disagree with you on this one, b/c I myself have done protests in school before, and I would say 75% of them were just using it as an excuse to get out of school, and 25% were passionate about it.
  10. Wah Its called life idiot
    Wah Its called life idiot
    Well the newscast I saw was live, so they weren't doing it for ratings. YOu could even tell the reporter was awkward b/c of the one-word answers the students were giving. I just have to agree to disagree with you on this one, b/c I myself have done protests in school before, and I would say 75% of them were just using it as an excuse to get out of school, and 25% were passionate about it.
    I think it also has to do with neighborhoods. I talked to an old teacher at my old school. Only 25 to 50 students at our school walked out in the last 3 days. My old school is Poway High right here in san diego. To me I find it a relief that to know that not all students are jumping at the chance to act like idiots.

Still its sad that people feel its okay to protest against something that people are doing ILLEGALLY!!! There is a reason why we have laws and rules. If they shouldn't be forced to follow then why should we expect anything else to be followed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234