Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So what do you think?

1. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    Advertisements
    You think the riots are bad NOW?? I'd hate to see what would go down if we started shipping every illegal immigrant back where they came from. On top of that, who do you think would pay for that?? Not their home country, that's for sure. And just to clarify, the legal immigrants are not the ones being targeted.
    "Wine is proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  2. clayjmw
    you know what alot of people are talking about how they need to work but you know what the people who need the jobs that alot of the illegals have is jobs that the people of US need. Alot of people who are here legally cannot get a job becuse alot jobs hire illegals because they do not have to pay them as much and that is not fair to the average joe who cannot get a job in certain place cause they do not want to pay americans because they can get cheaper work from illegals. How is that average joe gonna tell his daughter why he can't get a job huh. I am not saying that is the only reason but I will tell that I could not get a job in el centro at burger king becuase I could not speak spanish and that sucked and there are a lot of people who are worse off than that. So excuse me if I do not feel any sympathy.
  3. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    Many immigrants, be they illegal or NOT, are doing the jobs that Americans WON'T do. Jobs that people consider themselves to be "too good" for. Average Joe COULD get hired for it, but Average Joe won't apply.

I'm not asking you to have sympathy. Don't take this so personally. I'm simply stating why I agree with the proposition and why I think it makes sense. As are you Doesn't mean we have to agree.

For me it's not an issue of sympathy at all, but rather what is the best step to take as a country.
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  4. clayjmw
    I agree with the proposition as well I was just saying why I think that it is only fair that they have to pay and all. and I do not want them to ship them out even I am not that heartless I was just stating what I believe because everyone else was doing the same and to be honest with you lighthouse I did not really even read your post so I want you to know I was not making a jab at you. And your right no one asked if I had sympathy for them. I just stated what I felt.
  5. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    I'm sorry - I guess I misread your tone. I actually think I must have misunderstood just about everything you said

Oopsie!

ETA: This is that part that threw me:
    However I believe that the people who come here illegaly should be shipped right back to where they came from because it is not fair to the people who came here legaly and have to wait a million years to be able to work and such.
    Last edited by Becca; 03-29-2006 at 03:28 PM.
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse Girl
    Many immigrants, be they illegal or NOT, are doing the jobs that Americans WON'T do. Jobs that people consider themselves to be "too good" for. Average Joe COULD get hired for it, but Average Joe won't apply.

I'm not asking you to have sympathy. Don't take this so personally. I'm simply stating why I agree with the proposition and why I think it makes sense. As are you Doesn't mean we have to agree.

For me it's not an issue of sympathy at all, but rather what is the best step to take as a country.

Yeah, she is right. Many of the jobs are landscaping and farm "picking" jobs that many Americans just won't do. It's back-breaking hard labor and they are only paying minimum wage or slightly above that. Thats why the goverment is targeting companies that employ illegal immigrants as well. They take advantage of them, and make a high profit b/c they pay them so little... its completely unfair, but many times its the only kind of work they can find b/c they are illegal immigrants.
  7. clayjmw
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse Girl
    I'm sorry - I guess I misread your tone. I actually think I must have misunderstood just about everything you said

Oopsie!

ETA: This is that part that threw me:
    That is okay I tend to get I tone when I type that I do not mean at all. So I apoligize if you took bad.

After reading the quote I now realized I did say it wrong. Sorry. What I meant to say that I did not finish is that they should have to pay like everyone else and those who don't then see about having them deported cause I know that some of them only work here to feed their familys while others do not.
    Last edited by clayjmw; 03-29-2006 at 06:11 PM.
  8. Senior Member
    I think the House Bill is total crap. WHEN will government admit that American businesses and the economy as a whole NEEDS immigrant labor?????

There will NEVER ever ever ever be a time that people will not come to this country illegally unless world poverty is eliminated and I'm not holding my breath for that one.

HENCE why oh WHY don't we let these people become legal so that we can get taxes for all the hard work they do and so that they are not, for example, too scared to go to the hospital when there is a medical emergency for fear of being found out (as illegals)????

Why don't they let them be legal so they can get out of the cycle of poverty sooner and hence be less likely to have their kids turn to crime??

WHY can't we stop being such hypocrites?? Because unless you're 100% American Indian then ALL of your ancestors are part of the fabric of American life thanks 100% to the more open immigration policies of the past. I say hypocrites because most politicians realize full well that immigration cannot be stopped and should not be stopped but they put these limitations in the laws so they can tell their more conservative constituents they were tough.
  9. Death Before Decaf!!
    Death Before Decaf!!
    Blog Entries
    The proposition DOES allow for them to become legal. Are you suggesting total amnesty? Just *poof* ok you're here so you can stay?
    ~Benjamin Franklin~
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Me&D
    I think the House Bill is total crap. WHEN will government admit that American businesses and the economy as a whole NEEDS immigrant labor?????

There will NEVER ever ever ever be a time that people will not come to this country illegally unless world poverty is eliminated and I'm not holding my breath for that one.

HENCE why oh WHY don't we let these people become legal so that we can get taxes for all the hard work they do and so that they are not, for example, too scared to go to the hospital when there is a medical emergency for fear of being found out (as illegals)????
    American does need immigrant labor, but LEGAL immigrants make up part of that work force too. Hard work is the American way, and just "giving" them rights to be citizens without the fees, paperwork, background checks, etc. is a little overboard for me. That will only encourage more illegal immigrants to come into the country!

And you are right, illegal immigrants will never stop coming into the country, but why not cut down on the amount that do?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast