Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tookie Williams / Death Penalty

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Rach
    and you know, I LOVE how these f'in celebrities try to get involved and act like they know it all!

Annoying assses
    Well, I guess they're just trying to use their status to make a difference. (but yes, they are annoying! )
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Their status, my ass

I think some of them probably do educate themselves before getting in front of the press, but most of them sound like a bunch of dumb twits.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by ETHubby & 2 Kids
    Rach...

It has been said in the news that he had made comments as to the noises a man was making as he was laying there dying... Like he was braggin on the death of the man.

I am not sure if he has said he did it though. Just thought it was sick that he remembers that of all things.
    Here ya go:

Schwarzenegger also pointed out the brutality of the crimes, noting that Williams allegedly said about one of the killings, "You should have heard the way he sounded when I shot him." According to the governor's account, Williams then made a growling noise and laughed for five to six minutes.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    You've got to be f'in kidding me:

Among the celebrities who took up Williams' cause were Jamie Foxx, who played the gang leader in a cable movie about Williams; rapper Snoop Dogg, himself a former Crip; Sister Helen Prejean, the nun depicted in "Dead Man Walking"; and Bianca Jagger. During Williams' 24 years on death row, a Swiss legislator, college professors and others nominated him for the Nobel Prizes in peace and literature.
  5. Senior Member
    I'm also completely against the death penalty. Something about who is entitled to throw the first stone........
  6. asailorswife
    let's leave it up to god to judge cause at the end he will pay for his sin's either way !
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Me&D
    I'm also completely against the death penalty. Something about who is entitled to throw the first stone........
    New Testament Principles

Some Christians believe that capital punishment does not apply to the New Testament and church age.

First we must acknowledge that God gave the principle of capital punishment even before the institution of the Old Testament law code. In Genesis 9:6 we read that "Whoever sheds man's blood by man his blood shall be shed, for in the image of God, He made man." Capital punishment was instituted by God because humans are created in the image of God. The principle is not rooted in the Old Testament theocracy, but rather in the creation order. It is a much broader biblical principle that carries into the New Testament.

Even so, some Christians argue that in the Sermon on the Mount Jesus seems to be arguing against capital punishment. But is He?

In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus is not arguing against the principle of a life for a life. Rather He is speaking to the issue of our personal desire for vengeance. He is not denying the power and responsibility of the government. In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus is speaking to individual Christians. He is telling Christians that they should not try to replace the power of the government. Jesus does not deny the power and authority of government, but rather He calls individual Christians to love their enemies and turn the other cheek.

Some have said that Jesus set aside capital punishment in John 8 when He did not call for the woman caught in adultery to be stoned. But remember the context. The Pharisees were trying to trap Jesus between the Roman law and the Mosaic law. If He said that they should stone her, He would break the Roman law. If He refused to allow them to stone her, He would break the Mosaic law (Lev. 20:10; Deut. 22:22). Jesus' answer avoided the conflict: He said that he who was without sin should cast the first stone. Since He did teach that a stone be thrown (John 8:7), this is not an abolition of the death penalty.

In other places in the New Testament we see the principle of capital punishment being reinforced. Romans 13:1-7, for example, teaches that human government is ordained by God and that the civil magistrate is a minister of God. We are to obey government for we are taught that government does not bear the sword in vain. The fact that the Apostle Paul used the image of the sword further supports the idea that capital punishment was to be used by government in the New Testament age as well. Rather than abolish the idea of the death penalty, Paul uses the emblem of the Roman sword to reinforce the idea of capital punishment. The New Testament did not abolish the death penalty; it reinforced the principle of capital punishment.

He was senticed back in what, 1981? He shouldn't of lived an extra 24 years.

He's a murderer. He killed 4 people and founded one of the worst gangs.

When he was executed at 12:35am today, I'm sure God judged him very fairly.
  8. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    C'mon...You guys are no fun...I'd like to see this turn into a debate and see what others think
  9. La Xicana
    La Xicana
    Blog Entries
    I don't think he should have been put to death, and has anyone thought of the idea that he might actually be innocent of the crimes he was convicted for? There was never any actual proof or physical evidence, he was convicted on the testimony of some witnesses, there was a lot of inconsistencies in the trial and the comment of him laughing about some man dying, that did not come from him, it was something a witness said he 'supposedly' saw him do and say. Most of the witnesses also happened to be informants who were trying to save their own ass. He was convicted to begin with based on the fact of who he was, he was basically convicted before he even went to trial. Secondly, redemption is very much possible, and the fact that he didn't admit to crimes he just could possibly be innocent of, does not make him any less available for redemption. He was obviously not some saint, but I believe he was worthy of being allowed to live. If he would have been pardoned, its not like he was all of a sudden going to be let free, he still would have lived out the rest of his years in prison. And something that irritates me the most, is people who claim to be of faith, yet consistently seek revenge. At this point his death was not justice, but a fullfillment of vengence, something which I know for a fact 'God' does not advocate.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    I beleive he got his just dues.... Granted in the end he did some good trying to bring peace with in the gangs, but there is so much violence atributed to ganags theses days. He is the "Father" of one of the biggest most feared gangs in the worlds. Yes he did write some compeling books, but he did make a pretty penny while sitting on Death Row. Did the families if his victims receive any of that? Probaly not. Nobel peace prize, whatever. He was correecting what he started in the first place. That does not make him worthy of such a prestigious award. As far as him pulling the race card, that is pure BS. I don't care if he was white, yellow, purple, green, blue or black. He took several peopels lives. The records from his interviews were very disturbing. Hopefully he was able to find peace within himself and with his maker prior to his execution.
    Last edited by HEIDI; 12-13-2005 at 10:20 AM.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast