Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else not really into the crock pot?

1. Senior Member

Is anyone else not really into the crock pot?

Advertisements
    Idk, I've used mine like less than 10 times. Maybe even less than 5. I'm using it tonight and idk, I just kinda hate all the planning that goes into it? My food is gonna take another 4 hours to cook and I'm hungry now.

What do you guys like so much about it? Like I get that it's easy in that you just turn it on and leave it alone but I haven't really had any outstanding meals from it so far. Definitely not any where I've been like "wow I am so glad I started this a hundred hours in advance."
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I kinda feel the same way. I like the idea of it, but I'm always too afraid to leave in on and plugged in while no one is home. I don't like to use it while I'm at home because I don't want to be teased by it all day.

I Eelizah
  3. In vino veritas
    In vino veritas
    For me, I love it because I can go to work and not cook when I get home. I think most meals from it arent great (I mean, it was originally made for poor people who couldnt afford great cuts of meat or fresh anything), BUT soups and chili from it are pretty good. I have a great chili recipe from it that I do think is phenom
  4. Senior Member
    I love it Mainly because I'm lazy so when I get off work I really don't want to stand there watching meat cooking or pasta, so I just put it all in before work and we can eat whenever we want without more work for me. I've had some okay meals from it and then some really yummy ones, when I cook chicken not in the crockpot I feel like the flavor isn't as much as I'd like anyway so the crock pot is pretty good to me. Idk it's mostly just the fact that there's a billion recipes for it and you don't have to prep anything just mix it all together and turn it on. I work full time and go to school full time on my days off then homework and cleaning after work I just don't want to squeeze in making dinner too
  5. Regular Member

How can you not love it?
    Throw things in there you think will go well together in the morning, turn it on low, when you come home from work and your hungry it's done! Crockpots are amazing!
  6. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    I want a crock pot but have weird reservations about leaving it on all day if I'm not at home. Plus cleaning it sounds awful. #lazy
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruggs View Post
    How can you not love it?
    Throw things in there you think will go well together in the morning, turn it on low, when you come home from work and your hungry it's done! Crockpots are amazing!
    But I don't like doing that I don't feel like prepping food before I go to work. Plus that requires that I'm gonna have to decide what to eat by at least the day before, and I like just stopping at the store on my way home and making whatever I want on a whim. I think I just have the wrong personality for it.

Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    I want a crock pot but have weird reservations about leaving it on all day if I'm not at home. Plus cleaning it sounds awful. #lazy
    Cleaning mine is super easy. I assume they're all built basically the same but mine has the little ceramic (?) pot part you lift out once it's cooled and just clean it. It's no worse than cleaning any other dish. Mine can even go in the dishwasher but I wouldn't waste the space.
  8. Regular Member

Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    Cleaning it is the opposite of cooking! Let it soak over night, just like how it cooks all day. Most are made from ceramic with a glossy finish, they're quite easy to clean.
    As far as safety going with crockpots, just buy a brand that has good reviews and isn't the lowest class one. You get what you pay for
  9. Talk Whovian To Me.
    Talk Whovian To Me.

We got a crockpot for our wedding shower and still haven't used it This thread makes me want to start making stuff!
  10. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I like it for shredded meats and beans and sometimes soup but I also am not always committed to a meal early in the day, I like to eat what I want when I want also unless I'm having specific dishes, I like my veggies to be textured, crispy. Crunchy, etc....and the crock pot can easily overcook them.

Lately I've been using mine daily though because I got these heat pads that once the best is gone you have to throw it in the crock pot to "reset" it. So now I need a new one so I can have a heatpad pot and a food pot
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast