Thread: Favorite crock pot recipes

1. Life is an adventure!
    Life is an adventure!

Favorite crock pot recipes

Advertisements
    What's your favorite crock pot recipes? I want to start using mine more
  2. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Honestly, my favorite way to use my crock pot is to make shredded chicken to use throughout the week. Just a few chicken breasts, enough water to reach the tops of the chicken, some chicken bouillon and a bay leaf. Cook on low for 8 hours, shred and store in the fridge. I toss it on salads, in enchiladas and stir fry, with rice and green beans, whatever.

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

3. Moooooo!!
    Moooooo!!
    I have never used my crock pot.
  4. Life is an adventure!
    Life is an adventure!
    Quote Originally Posted by SamiLynn View Post
    I have never used my crock pot.
    I've only used mine once. I was thinking it would be easier because I can throw everything in it in the morning and not have to worry about trying to make dinner, study, and do bath time/bed time with Piper.
  5. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D
    I don't really have a favorite recipe. We love slow cooked ribs or shredded pork in ours, though. I just put a bunch of seasonings in, some water, beef stock, then a ton of bbq sauce about half way through. Cook on low for 8 hours. I'm still working on the water ratio though. The perfect amount to me would be to have a thick sauce at the end but I usually end up with some sauce on the top of the meet and a flavored water around the rest of it. LOL

Today, I've got a shepard's pie in mine. Cook some ground beef with seasoning, add can tomato soup, 1 cup water, mix. Put in bottom of crock pot. Put layer of frozen green beans on top of that. Cover with mashed potatoes. Cook on low 6 hours. YDD can't have milk (made the mash with rice milk), so I'll pull some out for her when it's about done then cover it with cheddar and parmesan and heat until the cheese is melted.

Tomorrow, I'm making some rice and bean and hamburger concoction I'm throwing together in it. I'll probably put some chili powder and some mild green chilis in it with some other seasoning. Cook on low 6-8 hours. I have no idea how it'll turn out. LOL

This weekend, I'll be making a chicken pot pie in it. Some shredded chicken, cream of chicken and herb soup, frozen stew veggies (onions, carrots, potatoes, peas), some herbs, and I'm not sure what else. Cook on low 8 hours or so. Top with some flaky pastry dough a couple hours before it finishes. I might bake it first and then throw it on near the end. Haven't decided yet. Tried this once with raw crescent rolls and it turned out more like chicken and dumplings instead of a pot pie. LOL

I usually only use my crockpot once or twice a week on average; ODD has gymnastics twice a week during dinner time so there's limited time for me to make things those evenings. Easier and we're all happier if I make it earlier in the day and it finishes cooking as soon as we get home from picking her up around 6.
  6. Senior Member
    I'm gonna stalk this. I just got a new crockpot a couple of weeks ago and I've tried a few pretty good ones. OP do you use Pinterest? I have a few good ones pinned.
  7. Living in paradise :D
    I made a layered lasagna in the crockpot a couple months ago that was super good but a little on the greasy side.
  8. Living in paradise :D
    Quote Originally Posted by HerAirmansLove View Post
    I'm gonna stalk this. I just got a new crockpot a couple of weeks ago and I've tried a few pretty good ones. OP do you use Pinterest? I have a few good ones pinned.
    Great idea! I've been pinning crockpot recipes too (we get bored easy ).
  9. Life is an adventure!
    Life is an adventure!
    Quote Originally Posted by HerAirmansLove View Post
    I do. I've never thought about looking there.
  10. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I've got chucks of beef and a can of beef broth in mine right now. Just trying to get the meat tender and shred-able, then I'm going to throw together a quick sauce with carrots, celery and peas and throw it in the oven with potatoes over it.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast