Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Recipe Help - crock pot cranberry turkey breast

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Recipe Help - crock pot cranberry turkey breast

Advertisements
    Does anyone know of a a recipe I can use for crock pot turkey breast that does not involve mixing the cranberry sauce with onion soup mix. I hate onions and I don't want the sodium/processed unhealthyness that accompanies the mix.

I Eelizah
  2. Senior Member
    Due March 19 2009 born at 31w6d,54 day NICU stay(home march 11th w/o anything),4 days on vent,40ish days on O2 after that
    Due March 11 2012 born at 35w 1 d, 11 day NICU stay(home Feb 17 with O2 ),27 days on Oxygen
  3. Senior Member
    I hope you found the answer somewhere. This already sounds delicious and I don't even know the rest of the recipe. Post it! And some pictures! I'm intrigued...
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I never found one. I don't have any pictures, but it really wasn't all that great. I used less than half a package of Lipton onion soup mix (the recipe said to use the whole package), a whole can of jellied cranberry sauce, a turkey breast, and some veggies (I used celery and carrots, but you can use whatever). I really don't like onions and even half of the package overpowered the cranberry. Next time I'm going to just use cranberry and hopefully it will turn out better.

I Eelizah
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
    I never found one. I don't have any pictures, but it really wasn't all that great. I used less than half a package of Lipton onion soup mix (the recipe said to use the whole package), a whole can of jellied cranberry sauce, a turkey breast, and some veggies (I used celery and carrots, but you can use whatever). I really don't like onions and even half of the package overpowered the cranberry. Next time I'm going to just use cranberry and hopefully it will turn out better.
    Maybe instead of the jellied cranberry sauce, find a can of the chunky cranberry sauce or make your own with sugar, water, and orange juice and then a bag of fresh cranberries on the stove. That way you have more liquid and more flavor to infuse the meat and veggies.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by huladangelo View Post
    Maybe instead of the jellied cranberry sauce, find a can of the chunky cranberry sauce or make your own with sugar, water, and orange juice and then a bag of fresh cranberries on the stove. That way you have more liquid and more flavor to infuse the meat and veggies.
    That's an idea. I'm definitely going to try it. Thank you!

I Eelizah
  7. Senior Member
    It sounds good..minus the Lipton onion soup mix.