Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Need suggestions for a crock pot meal!

1. The Decider
    The Decider
    Blog Entries

Need suggestions for a crock pot meal!

Advertisements
    I work tomorrow night. A 7.5 hour shift. Super Attractive Coworker is coming over for dinner, along with my bff and her fiance, and then we're going out dancing.

Dinner will be at, like, 10. Definitely no time to prepare something then, so I'd love to make something in the crock pot.

I love spaghetti squash lasagna, but that takes a lot less than 7.5 hours to cook and that's what I made last time bff and her man were over. I don't want a pot roast, because I made one last weekend.

I have a huge cookbook just for crock pot recipes, but please feel free to chime in and share your favorites, or give suggestions! Something super tasty but nice (second date here, and he's bringing wine) is preferred.

TIA!
    Next time you shop on Amazon, click through this link to help an amazing veterans' organization!

My 101 blog
    The Arizona Oenophile. Wine snobbery!

Lovin' up on WiggleWiggle~ since 04.06.2011!
  2. Senior Member
    I personally don't like crock pots, but a friend of mine is pretty much doing every recipe on this site and LOVES everything she's made so far!
    crockpotgirls.com
  3. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    I make kalua pork in mine. Rub a pork shoulder (or butt) with sea salt and liquid smoke. Throw it in the crock pot and let it cook until it starts falling apart. I jab it with a fork before I rub the salt and smoke in. If it's a smaller roast you can probably have it done in about 7 hours or so. Serve it with some rice. I also make cabbage. Chop it up in bite size pieces and toss it in the pork juice. Let it simmer until the cabbage is tender.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  4. I Will Rise Above
    I Will Rise Above

5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Crock Pot Girls also have a Facebook page.

Solstice~That sounds yummy!
    Follow me on Instagram, if you'd like.

https://instagram.com/mrotsarbed
  6. The Decider
    The Decider
    Blog Entries
    Thank you so much for the suggestions! That orange chicken sounds delicious - I'll have to give that one a try when I won't be away from home so long!

Thanks, Sol. I'll see if I can find some liquid smoke at the store tomorrow.
    Next time you shop on Amazon, click through this link to help an amazing veterans' organization!

My 101 blog
    The Arizona Oenophile. Wine snobbery!

Lovin' up on WiggleWiggle~ since 04.06.2011!
  7. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianna Banana View Post
    Thank you so much for the suggestions! That orange chicken sounds delicious - I'll have to give that one a try when I won't be away from home so long!

Thanks, Sol. I'll see if I can find some liquid smoke at the store tomorrow.
    It will probably be in the same section as steak sauces and Worcestershire sauce. If you can find hawaiian sea salt that's the best. IF it's not a pork butt or shoulder (a fatty piece of meat) you will want to add some liquid like chicken broth so the meat doesn't get dry. I usually use a 6 lb butt. With 4 people you might have SOME leftovers.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber