Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: How long do you think this will take to cook?

1. Senior Member

Question How long do you think this will take to cook?

Advertisements
    I put a pork roast and potatoes in the crock pot.

Theres a good amount of liquid in there and a bunch of seasonings, onions, and garlic.

I put it in at noon, should I leave it on high or low? How long do you think it will take?

Im just wondering if I should have done it earlier because I often mess up the crock pot by putting it too high or too low or not leaving it enough time to cook. I dont want this for breakfast.
  2. Senior Member
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    If you put it in at noon, I'd put it on high for 4-5 hours.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by navywifey514 View Post
    If you put it in at noon, I'd put it on high for 4-5 hours.
    Okay, that should work then
  5. Senior Member
    I'd put it on low and let it cook until this evening. It tends to make the meat more tender the longer you cook it. What I usually do is cook the meat on low the majority of the day and then add the veggies about an hour or so before we want to eat and turn it on high to cook the veggies so they aren't soggy. I hope it turns out well!
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *Kim* View Post
    I'd put it on low and let it cook until this evening. It tends to make the meat more tender the longer you cook it. What I usually do is cook the meat on low the majority of the day and then add the veggies about an hour or so before we want to eat and turn it on high to cook the veggies so they aren't soggy. I hope it turns out well!
    Then maybe Ill turn it on low once it cooks a little more. I just peeked at it and it still looks like it did when I put it in.

Maybe thats because I put it on top of the potatoes. I meant to put it in first and put the potatoes around it but I forgot.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xocassandralee View Post
    Then maybe Ill turn it on low once it cooks a little more. I just peeked at it and it still looks like it did when I put it in.

Maybe thats because I put it on top of the potatoes. I meant to put it in first and put the potatoes around it but I forgot.
    You might scoop some of the potatoes out and push the meat to the bottom then....
  8. Surviving deployment #2
    Surviving deployment #2
    Blog Entries
    I put pot roast in at least for about 6 hours on high! That way the meat is nice and tender...
    ZOE
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    The longer on low you have it, the better it is. Start out for a couple hours on high, then put to low for about 4 hours. Make sure the potatoes get pushed into some liquid though.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    The longer on low you have it, the better it is. Start out for a couple hours on high, then put to low for about 4 hours. Make sure the potatoes get pushed into some liquid though.
    I think thats what Ill do Its starting to actually cook so Ill turn it to low in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by *Kim* View Post
    You might scoop some of the potatoes out and push the meat to the bottom then....
    That would make sense That literally didnt even occur to me. Can you tell Im tired?