Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Hot Spiced Apple Cider

1. Navy Wife
    Navy Wife

Hot Spiced Apple Cider

Advertisements
    I started looking for a good recipe for when DH comes home and here it is!!!

Hot Spiced Cider

I start by shopping for vast quantities of apple cider or juice on sale. A good sale is $.99 for a two quart (64 fluid ounces) bottle. It doesnít matter if you get apple juice or apple cider. By the time youíre done doctoring it, itís delicious and cider-y.

In my crockpot I put:

1 1/2 bottles of cider or apple juice
    1/3 can of frozen orange juice concentrate
    1 large orange, sliced into 1/4 inch wheels
    cloth or mesh bag filled with
    1/8 c. whole cloves
    2 whole cinnamon sticks
    1/8 c. whole allspice
    Simmer all these things together for at least an hour. You can leave the crock pot on for hours if you want to; it will make your house smell wonderful. If youíre in a hurry, you can jumpstart this by bringing all these ingredients to a boil in a large stock pot on the stove and then transferring it to the crockpot.

Having a small mesh or cloth bag for the spices isnít strictly necessary if you donít mind the stray clove getting into your cup of cider. Itís just easier for the boys to serve themselves if they arenít dodging those spices with the ladle.
  2. Noel2385
    mmmm mulled apple cider is my favorite!! If you're in the mood for one on the run, go to starbucks and ask for a "caramel apple spice". They're sooooo good!!