My boys love this meal!! We serve ours over egg noodles!

Slow Cooker Chicken Continental

PREP TIME 20 Min
COOK TIME 8 Hrs
READY IN 8 Hrs 20 Min
SERVINGS & SCALING
Original recipe yield: 6 servings
US METRIC

INGREDIENTS
2 (8 ounce) jars dried beef
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 cup sour cream
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup all-purpose flour

READ REVIEWS (37)

Review/Rate This Recipe
Save To Recipe Box
Add to Shopping List
Add a Personal Note
Post a Recipe Photo
Post a Favorite Food List
Create a Menu

DIRECTIONS
Lightly grease slow cooker ad line with dried beef. Place 2 to 3 chicken breasts in slow cooker. Combine sour cream, soup and flour in a medium bowl amd mix together; pour 1/2 of mixture over chicken. Top with some dried beef, add the remaining chicken breasts and pour in the remaining mixture. Top with the rest of the dried beef.
Cook in slow cooker on Low for 8 hours, or on High for 4 hours.
Did you know Allrecipes is home to over 400 crock pot recipes? Click here to visit our complete collection.

REVIEWSMORE MEMBER REVIEWS
Reviewed on Dec. 9, 2003 by TSR3 This is wonderful--the chicken and dried beef go well together. I did make a few changes to the recipe: 1) I used 2 cans cream of mushroom soup, and 2 cups of sour cream (hey--I like a LOT of gravy) 2) Added a packet of Lipton Onion soup mix 3) Added a cup of shredded cheddar cheese 4) Increased the flour to 1/2 cup Layered everything like recipe said (you don't even have to thaw the chicken breasts--I put them in frozen. After 8 hours in crock pot, everything was done--chicken very tender and sauce was great. Served this with rice and asparagus--all I can say is this meal was terrific!!!!!! Try this--you will really like it!

14 users found this review helpful

Reviewed on Jan. 7, 2004 by MNLASS We love this recipe! I used the packaged dryed beef found in the lunchmeat section in the grocery store; this dryed beef is not as salty as the dryed beef in the jars. I also microwaved some bacon slices (partially cooked the bacon) and wrapped the bacon slices around the chicken breasts. YUMMY!!

7 users found this review helpful

Reviewed on Jun. 16, 2005 by Susy B I used my larger crockpot and after reading the other reviews, I changed my recipe to 2 lbs. frozen chicken, 1 1/2 C. sour cream, two cans of soup and one 4.5 oz jar of dried beef that I rinsed. The chicken was the most tender I've ever had. Leftovers were great! Will definitely make again for company.

6 users found this review helpful

MORE MEMBER REVIEWS