Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Coupon Organizers

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Coupon Organizers

Advertisements
    I slowed down for a while with coupons since I hadn't gotten any from my mom but now I've got a boatload and need to organize. For the last year I used this organizer but it's not enough of an organizer for me (picture may or may not be upside down, I've rotated it in photobucket but it's to showing correctly so IDK):

It's just not enough organization and basically I sort everything into it and then each time I went shopping, I would have to pull out the whole pile of coupons in each pocket to pick out the ones I needed and then I carried them in a mailing envelope to the commissary.

What do you use for couponing? Especially when you get tons of coupons and use them on a pretty regular basis.
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I use something similar to yours. I tried to use a binder but it was a lot of work cutting the coupons to for perfectly in the holders and sorting them not only by group but by date. Then actually remembering to look through them

If you are disciplined in it I say go for the binder! You definitely can sort a little better than the slotted guys, and if you shop at the same store you can even sort down to which aisle things are in
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Franky. View Post
    I use something similar to yours. I tried to use a binder but it was a lot of work cutting the coupons to for perfectly in the holders and sorting them not only by group but by date. Then actually remembering to look through them

If you are disciplined in it I say go for the binder! You definitely can sort a little better than the slotted guys, and if you shop at the same store you can even sort down to which aisle things are in
    Hmm, never thought of a binder. Usually when I get a batch of coupons, they're pre-cut almost perfectly from the sender which is so awesome since I just dont' have time to devote to cutting and sorting Are there specific coupon holding binder inserts? I'm limited to the NEX or BX and then Kmart out here and I never once even thought of a binder for this but they would make everything much simpler.
  4. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

Someone on a couponing site here in AK said to use a binder with sleeves for baseball cards. They said they can put 1-2 coupons in each sleeve, and its easily visible.

5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I have two different type of card holding inserts for the binders, and then tabbed separators. I have some log inserts that hold 6 coupons per page and baseball holders that hold 9 per page I got mine off EBay I think, under $10 and I have too many to put in a 1 inch binder I think when we get to Hawaii and are limited to stores again I'll probably try the binder method again.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by megan_laine View Post
    Someone on a couponing site here in AK said to use a binder with sleeves for baseball cards. They said they can put 1-2 coupons in each sleeve, and its easily visible.
    Genius! I'm pretty sure I can get baseball card sleeves if not the card holding kind like Franky suggested

Quote Originally Posted by Franky. View Post
    I have two different type of card holding inserts for the binders, and then tabbed separators. I have some log inserts that hold 6 coupons per page and baseball holders that hold 9 per page I got mine off EBay I think, under $10 and I have too many to put in a 1 inch binder I think when we get to Hawaii and are limited to stores again I'll probably try the binder method again.
    Sorta off topic but don't count out the local stores in Hawaii! I LOVED Sack n Save and Foodland stores. I used to get all of the local stores sales flyers each week and then you can play the sales off each other. I came out on top, for sure, cheaper each time I did that than just going to the commissary. Also, the farmers markets are great there. I used to buy boxes of produce with a dozen of fresh eggs once a months and the produce lasted that long for $25 each. It was amazing!
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I used to do the binder tabs and baseball card inserts. I loved it!
  8. Senior Member
    I use a binder. But it is a lot of work to keep up with. I am thinking about switching to a portfolio but I really like that I can see all of my coupons with the binder method.

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

My binder is set up a lot like RetepDoc, only not nearly as pretty I have tabbed section with different areas (set up in order of my grocery store, you can usually pick up a map of what there is per isle inside your store) of the store, and then the first page after each section tab is the stuff I use the most in alphabetical order, each preceding page is in alphabetical order too, but not including the stuff I use the most. Then in each baseball card slot, I put the coupons for the same thing in order by expiration date.

For Christmas last year I made myself and everyone in my family coupon holders. They are cloth bags with a button on the front and the back (so that you can button it onto the cart and you don't knock it over, and it stays put) with dividers a lot like the portfolio in the OP, but I haven't switched yet, I don't know that I want to have to pull all of the coupons out of each section and go through every single one specifically to find something, with the baseball card holders, you can see each one as you flip pages. I think I might make myself another coupon holder that I can put the coupons I'm planning to use at the store in. Right now, I'm just using a pocket that I can remove from my binder.

Might not be for everyone (because it's big and bulky, and I end up dragging my binder to the store too, just in case of course lol.) but it works well for me! Especially once you get used to where things are, you start to "know" just about where everything is... It becomes second nature to flip through and find what you're looking for quickly, which is what was the most important thing to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Brite View Post
    There needs to be a blowing rainbows, sunshine, butterflies, and happiness up an asshole smiley.
    ]
  10. Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.
    Sometimes the best gifts come in the smallest packages.

Guys, all of the organization in this thread is giving me OCD about my life.
    I feel like I need to go put things in binders now... hahaha