Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finding Coupons!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Finding Coupons!

Advertisements
    I've seen quite a few people ask about where to find coupons at, and thought I would share my resources Hopefully they help in your search for deals!

1. Sunday Paper: I have a newspaper delivery of the Olympia newspaper, and buy the Seattle Times every Sunday. I found that the larger the city newspaper, the more coupons it has in it. Sometimes I get double coupons, but I don't complain. The two dollars I spend is typically saved in 2 coupons uses!

2. Magazines: Most magazines offer a few coupons throughout the pages, but if you don't have a subscription to them it can be a waste of money to buy them. The exception to this is All You Magazine. Even if you're not a Walmart shopper, take the trip once a month and buy their exclusive magazine. It will state on the front what the coupons inside are worth, the highest I've seen being over $80. It's definitely worth the $3 to spend on it, and you can subscribe as well.

3. Internet: Coupon sites are wonderful alternatives, or even additions to your Sunday Paper. Sometimes, Coupons.com even updates throughout the week with coupons you can't find in the paper! There are TONS of sites available, most link back to Coupons.com but others are a little different.

4. eBay: eBay: Yes, I said it. I like to buy a packet of coupons from eBay every once in a while to enhance my stash. My go to find is under $4, has the "Buy It Now" setting, the seller has a great rating, and I get over 100 FOOD ONLY coupons! The biggest perk? They're already cut for you!

5. Blogs: These are a great resource because someone does all the work for you! It's great to pick a few blogs you really like and follow them daily. In doing so, you will come across awesome deals and freebies that you may not have found otherwise! It's definitely worth the time to read through, even if you only find a couple deals you're interested in.

6. MSOS Coupon Exchange: Yup, I had to throw the plug in there! We have a few members involved in a coupon exchange I'm running. It's awesome to have the variety of coupons from across the country, that you might not have in your area. Coupon Exchanges are wonderful because the only thing you pay for is the stamp to ship it to the next person.

7. Manufacturer: Writing or emailing manufacturers is an easy way to gain access to a few coupons, or even some freebies in the mail!

8. Facebook: "Liking" product and company pages on facebook gives you access to specific deals and coupons that you may not come across otherwise!

9. Store: Commissarys always have coupons hanging around the store, and sometimes other stores do as well. If you're not easily embarrassed, take as many as you want/will use! I also have a habit of taking "use it now" coupons off certain products as I walk through the store.

10. Ibotta: This is a free app for phones or tablets that gives you coupons you won't find anywhere else! The coupons act as an instant rebate and can be deposited into your PayPal account. Along with coupon rebates there are bonuses to be met that also put money back in your pocket! https://ibotta.com/register?friend=Bwjw
    Last edited by Franky.; 07-31-2013 at 03:20 PM.
  2. MissOptimistic
    MissOptimistic
    Blog Entries
  3. One Day At A Time...
    One Day At A Time...
    We have a coupon exchange?? How did I miss that?? Do you have a link?
  4. Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?
    Don't you know, don't you know that you're beautiful?

Thanks for sharing!
    blondiebabe is my twin! Distance Divas SailorsGoddess is my wifey!
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by KaylaH View Post
    We have a coupon exchange?? How did I miss that?? Do you have a link?
    Coupon Exchange

6. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Writing/email to manufacturer's is another way to get coupons mailed to you.

Facebook too! A lot of companies have posted coupons on their FB page. You can gain access to them if you "Like" them.

If you don't want companies to have all your info, I've come across some who create a FB profile just for their couponing needs.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Writing/email to manufacturer's is another way to get coupons mailed to you.

Facebook too! A lot of companies have posted coupons on their FB page. You can gain access to them if you "Like" them.
    If you don't mind, I can put this in the OP?
  8. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Franklinn. View Post
    If you don't mind, I can put this in the OP?
    Sure!
  9. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Additional coupon resources for military families

Here are a few more sites worth checking out to increase your coupon stashes...

CommissaryShoppers.com (home mailed coupons)
    Conagra.com/military (printable coupons & Congra Brand Promotions)
    TheFamilyUnitPG.com (home mailed coupons)
    OperationInTouch.com (printable coupons & Unilever Brand promotions)

Other sites that share current promotion prices are:

Kraftfoods.com/kraftmilitary
    Gatorademilitary.com
    ColesonFoods.com/commissary
    Tropicanamilitary.com

...and lastly, if you want an idea of what's on sale with coupon matchups, I have some listed here: Commissary — Reaping Your Harvest

Reaping In Abundance,
    Kay
  10. He said:"I see a beautiful angel and feel perfection!"
    He said:"I see a beautiful angel and feel perfection!"
    Blog Entries
    Awesome guys thank you
    DH:"I never thought I could Love someone the way I love you as much as I love you!"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast