Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Mini cooper?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Mini cooper?

Advertisements
    Does anyone here drive a Mini Cooper or know anything about them? I really like them, but they have horrible reviews online. I don't know if that is just the natural bias of internet reviews or if they are really that bad. So if you have/had one what do/did you think about it?

I Eelizah
  2. Senior Member
    I would look up their consumer reports. My grandpa is constantly reading consumer reports and I believe he said that Mini Coopers are awful based on those, but I don't know what exactly made them bad
  3. Regular Member
    I owned the Countryman S and I really liked it until it started having problems. 6 months after I bought it I had to put it in the shop for issues with the gas tank and then it went down hill from there. Apparently, they update through the antenna and I received a bad update and ended up on the side of the interstate with a car that would not go and it was snowing. That was the last straw for me. It was expensive to fix and took well over a week to get it back through the dealership. They called me one day and said it was fixed and on my way to get it (30+ mins away) they called and said that it was still having the same issues and they would call me when it was ready. I traded that car right after that. I honestly never felt safe driving it...It wasn't comfortable, they don't have all the safety features that other cars have and for what they cost you don't get near as many features in them as you do other cars. Its a fun occasional car but not a daily.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    I would look up their consumer reports. My grandpa is constantly reading consumer reports and I believe he said that Mini Coopers are awful based on those, but I don't know what exactly made them bad
    Yeah, I've looked them and several other reporting sites and the reviews were definitely more negative than positive. It's easier to find negative reviews though, so I thought I'd ask here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemysailor16 View Post
    I owned the Countryman S and I really liked it until it started having problems. 6 months after I bought it I had to put it in the shop for issues with the gas tank and then it went down hill from there. Apparently, they update through the antenna and I received a bad update and ended up on the side of the interstate with a car that would not go and it was snowing. That was the last straw for me. It was expensive to fix and took well over a week to get it back through the dealership. They called me one day and said it was fixed and on my way to get it (30+ mins away) they called and said that it was still having the same issues and they would call me when it was ready. I traded that car right after that. I honestly never felt safe driving it...It wasn't comfortable, they don't have all the safety features that other cars have and for what they cost you don't get near as many features in them as you do other cars. Its a fun occasional car but not a daily.
    That's a similar story to a lot of others I've read. I hope you liked your next car better.

I Eelizah
  5. Senior Member
    My husband has a 2012 Countryman...we absolutely love it. He had been eyeing them for quite a while but we weren't even sure if it was reasonable for our family. My husband is about 6' 1-2ish" and our daughter will be in a rear-facing car seat for quite a while. So we went to just check them out...had our car seat ready to test in it...I thought there was no way it would fit and him still be able to drive comfortably but they're very roomy. I don't know a ton about mechanics and such to speak on that level...but the few issues we've had since we got it have been fixed at no cost by the dealership.
  6. Regular Member
    I drove it once and I'm loving it. I will definitely buy one soon.
  7. Senior Member
    I have wanted a Mini Cooper since forever. It's not really practical with giant dogs, but I'll get one some day!