Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bread machine/makers...

1. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Bread machine/makers...

Advertisements
    Which do you have and do you like it? What would you look for in your next one?

I am looking to get one! Thanks for your help.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  2. Moderator

Unfortunately, I have a sad, cheap Sunbeam breadmaker. I bought a cheap one, not knowing if I would really use it much. I do. I should've bought something better.

I want a Zojirushi. I've heard only good things about them.
  3. Banned
    Banned
    I have a Food Network one. I LOVE it. It's quiet, doesn't take up a lot of space, and it has a "later" function on it. Every bread has come out amazing (except for the first loaf, but the recipe was the issue).
  4. Senior Member
    Mine is an oster 5838. I use it atleast once a week when I dont feel like making bread by hand. I love that it has a crust color setting and that it is soooo east to clean.

No one is guaranteed happiness. You can pursue it, but if you happen to find success along the way on that road to happiness, Conservatives believe you should not be demonized or penalized for it.
    Glenn Beck
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

We have a Zojirushi and I absolutely LOVE it. I make bread every week and haven't had one issue with this machine. It is a bit pricey, but well worth it. I honestly couldn't say I needed anything more in a machine. It has a delay timer, you can put in personal programs, etc. It does take up a bit of counter space, but we use it so often I don't mind. We haven't bought bread in the longest time.

Amazon.com: Zojirushi BB-CEC20 Home Bakery Supreme 2-Pound-Loaf Breadmaker, Black: Kitchen & Dining

If you have a family, I would recommend nothing smaller than a 2-pound bread pan. I prefer a horizontal pan over the vertical. You don't always have to bake the bread in the machine, I do a lot of different kinds and some of them I only use the machine for the dough, then I shape and bake the dough in our oven. Also, look into buying a bread machine cookbook, too!!
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    My hands.

But I love the one that Flyboy'sgirl linked to. It's on my amazon wish list for when I find my money tree.
  7. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboysGirl View Post
    We have a Zojirushi and I absolutely LOVE it. I make bread every week and haven't had one issue with this machine. It is a bit pricey, but well worth it. I honestly couldn't say I needed anything more in a machine. It has a delay timer, you can put in personal programs, etc. It does take up a bit of counter space, but we use it so often I don't mind. We haven't bought bread in the longest time.

Amazon.com: Zojirushi BB-CEC20 Home Bakery Supreme 2-Pound-Loaf Breadmaker, Black: Kitchen & Dining

If you have a family, I would recommend nothing smaller than a 2-pound bread pan. I prefer a horizontal pan over the vertical. You don't always have to bake the bread in the machine, I do a lot of different kinds and some of them I only use the machine for the dough, then I shape and bake the dough in our oven. Also, look into buying a bread machine cookbook, too!!
    I have been eying this one for a while now, but haven't been able to justify the cost... Hmmmm... Maybe family separation pay will cover this.
  8. Senior Member
    So umm..y'all just let me know when your baking and i'll just...follow my nose on over..
  9. I just can't even...
    I just can't even...
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    So umm..y'all just let me know when your baking and i'll just...follow my nose on over..
    me too
  10. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hottie. View Post
    me too
    Promises,promises...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast