Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Bamboo Hardwood Flooring

1. Senior Member

Question Bamboo Hardwood Flooring

Advertisements
    Does anyone have this in their home? Aaron and I are thinking about putting it in the hallway and possibly one of the bedrooms. I was wondering who had it and what you thought about it. I saw some reviews that it scratches and shows dust and splinters.

Pros and Cons? TIA!!
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

I will be stalking this thread...
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    We have bamboo floors and love them.
    I'm not sure what you mean by it scratches and shows dust and splinters. All hardwood floors will scratch if you aren't careful. Put pads on bottom of wooden chairs so they don't scratch the wood, but that's not particular to just bamboo, that's all floors. In fact, our bamboo floors have zero scratches.

There are small imperfections from our dining room chairs, but you can only see them if you lay on the ground (level to the floor), if you are standing, you cannot see them.

Bamboo are good for the environment and cheap.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrishAFSpouse View Post
    We have bamboo floors and love them.
    I'm not sure what you mean by it scratches and shows dust and splinters. All hardwood floors will scratch if you aren't careful. Put pads on bottom of wooden chairs so they don't scratch the wood, but that's not particular to just bamboo, that's all floors. In fact, our bamboo floors have zero scratches.

There are small imperfections from our dining room chairs, but you can only see them if you lay on the ground (level to the floor), if you are standing, you cannot see them.

Bamboo are good for the environment and cheap.
    My parents have looked into getting them several times and I told Aaron that I'd rather have bamboo than regular hardwood. I love the "wood grain" that it has too plus they last a long time Thanks for your post!!
  5. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    If you are in the states go to ServiceMagic.com | Get Matched to Top-Rated Remodelers, Plumbers & More its a website that will contact approved contractors. You'll get calls from a bunch (usually) and you decide on which one you like. That's where we've gone to get several home projects done. For the floors we have 6 different places call.