Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: hair straighteners?

1. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.

hair straighteners?

Advertisements
    Which hair straighteners would you recommend, other than Chi? Definitely something not that expensive. I'm thinking maybe Remington? I've read good reviews on their products.

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

2. Senior Member
    If you take some time to save $$, I suggest Paul Mitchell. It's the kind I've used FOREVER now, and they have a year warranty on them. (yes, more expensive, but so worth it).

You're welcome.
  3. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    I just use regualer ole walmart straighteners. Right now I use a $20.00 1" Remington and it works just as good as any $125.00 straightener, IMO. I just don't see the point in spending too much money when I can buy the same thing without the brand name on it for a fifth of the price

be cool.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I have the instyler. Once you learn how to use it, it works just as well as any other straightener. plus, it's less damaging.
  5. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by sasha_b View Post
    If you take some time to save $$, I suggest Paul Mitchell. It's the kind I've used FOREVER now, and they have a year warranty on them. (yes, more expensive, but so worth it).
    WOW that's a lot of money

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley. View Post
    I just use regualer ole walmart straighteners. Right now I use a $20.00 1" Remington and it works just as good as any $125.00 straightener, IMO. As long as it's ceramic, I don't see the point in spending too much money when I can buy the same thing without the brand name on it for a fourth of the price
    That's kinda' what I was thinking... I have a plain ol' hair straightener from Target right now, but it seriously SUCKS. I just don't get what the differences really are between any of them

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley. View Post
    I just use regualer ole walmart straighteners. Right now I use a $20.00 1" Remington and it works just as good as any $125.00 straightener, IMO. I just don't see the point in spending too much money when I can buy the same thing without the brand name on it for a fifth of the price
    I used to use that same Remington one. It's just the quality. Also, Paul Mitchell is made to be less damaging, as well as working as a curling iron too (you just have to twirl your hair around it- it has curved edges).

You're welcome.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Penni View Post
    WOW that's a lot of money

I had my first one for about 3 years though. The cord shorted out before the warranty was up, so I got a brand new one.

Just bought my second one in the summer, 'cause I stepped on my old one- Oops!

You're welcome.
  8. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    I used to use that same Remington one. It's just the quality. Also, Paul Mitchell is made to be less damaging, as well as working as a curling iron too (you just have to twirl your hair around it- it has curved edges).
    That's cool! How are flat irons damaing/less damaging though? Is that in the heat settings? Do the heat settings even really matter?

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

9. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    As does a million other 20 dollar straighteners I can curl my hair with my Remington

be cool.
  10. Eternal Member
    Eternal Member
    I thought having ceramic plates was better for your hair,not sure about the brand.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast