Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Gift for President

1. Regular Member

Gift for President

Advertisements
    So our spouse group season will end in May. I am the VP of our spouse group and I am supposed to present a gift for the president. Majority of people in the group are retired spouses and have lived here for several year and still have several years here. So getting something local might get a little old.

I am trying to come up with an idea. All I keep coming up with is something local but I want something a little different. My budget is 50 but I can swing up to 100 if I pay the difference with my own money.

Any ideas would be great!
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Gift card to a nice restaurant. Local non chain is always nice.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. Senior Member
    I've done this several times and I often bought them something from their hometown, if they are someone who seemed to really connect with their home. We had a CO's wife, for example, from Texas so we got her a necklace shaped like Texas with a little stone place in her hometown. You could search on Etsy for items from her homestate, like state shaped cutting boards, which would be good for a cook.

I'm confused about them being "retired spouses" though. Do you mean their husbands are no longer active duty? That's odd, but if so, then the fact that they've stayed may mean your area is their new home for good, in which case this might not work.
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  4. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    I've done this several times and I often bought them something from their hometown, if they are someone who seemed to really connect with their home. We had a CO's wife, for example, from Texas so we got her a necklace shaped like Texas with a little stone place in her hometown. You could search on Etsy for items from her homestate, like state shaped cutting boards, which would be good for a cook.

I'm confused about them being "retired spouses" though. Do you mean their husbands are no longer active duty? That's odd, but if so, then the fact that they've stayed may mean your area is their new home for good, in which case this might not work.
    We are not a normal group. We are base wide and due to the type of work that's at this base military are the minorities and many have just retired awhile they were stationed here and keep working in the private sector or in the gs system. Her husband retired (active duty)here and works here and not sure of the plastic to officially retire.

But the idea from here home area is a great idea thanks.
  5. Senior Member
    Nice bottle of wine?
  6. Senior Member
    I like the idea about the home state related gifts. I was looking on google and pinterest, but really didn't come up with anything good.