Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: FRG Fundraiser Idea

1. Happy New Year!
    Happy New Year!

FRG Fundraiser Idea

Advertisements
    Hi all,

Just an idea I had:

Ya know how at Pearl Harbor people can purchase a flag that had been flown over the memorial?
    What about sending the ship with so many extra US flags and selling those to family members with a letter or certificate saying something to the effect of "This flag was flown on *date* on the USS Such-and-such in the such-and-such sea. The USS Such-and-such was deployed in support of Operation Blankity-Blank"

I don't know if this is allowed, or what the interest would be. Has anyone heard of something like this?

Thanks

"Missing someone isn't about how long it has been since you've seen them or the amount of time since you've talked.
    It's about that very moment when you find yourself doing something and wishing they were right there by your side."
  2. Happy New Year!
    Happy New Year!
    bumping for the morning crowd

"Missing someone isn't about how long it has been since you've seen them or the amount of time since you've talked.
    It's about that very moment when you find yourself doing something and wishing they were right there by your side."
  3. missing my sanity
    missing my sanity
    Blog Entries

I know in my command we have someone who will send us money to buy one of our command coins or command ball caps and ask one of the pilots to fly it. Our Commanding Officer will write a note and send it back saying "this (item) was flown on (this operation) in (this jet) on (this date) flown with (this pilot)" and send it back to the person. We had someone send us a little flag in appreciation and our CO flew it on one of his missions and sent it back to the person with everyone's signature on it saying thanks for your support.

4. Happy New Year!
    Happy New Year!
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyHawk View Post
    I know in my command we have someone who will send us money to buy one of our command coins or command ball caps and ask one of the pilots to fly it. Our Commanding Officer will write a note and send it back saying "this (item) was flown on (this operation) in (this jet) on (this date) flown with (this pilot)" and send it back to the person. We had someone send us a little flag in appreciation and our CO flew it on one of his missions and sent it back to the person with everyone's signature on it saying thanks for your support.
    Thanks. I think it would be a good addition to our regular fundraisers.