Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Key Spouses?

1. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Key Spouses?

Advertisements
    So DH's unit doesn't have a Key Spouse (never has apparently). His unit has the smallest # of military personel on the base and because only a few (max 6) people deploy at a time, and a lot of the guys are single, no one has even inquired about being a key spouse. I thought it may help me get involved and understand DH's unit and work a bit (as well as meeting other spouses) concidering us being new here, so I was talking to his first shirt about it. Basically we are just waiting on a letter of appointment from the commander and then I can do the training next month. Just wanted to get some info from other Key Spouses about what to expect from the training and everything

TIA

2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    I'm thinking about doing it right now too. Ours pcs and they want to replace her with 2-3 spouse so we share the load.
    Crystal is one
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

good luck! I wish I had info for you but i'm a newbie at all this military wife stuff I want to get involved when we get to our first duty station!
  4. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Training is a lot of info that you've probably heard before... we also had to attend the Right Start brief on base too. I enjoy being a key spouse, I've got to meet a lot of great ladies that I probably wouldn't have gotten to meet. You'll work closely with the CC (commander) or the 1st Sgt, depending on the unit. I know a lot of the goings on in the SQ now and love getting to know everyone has been great. Our A&FRC does periodic training (additional info) and has guest speakers for us. All in all, I love being a KS. If you have any other ??, give me a call!
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I am just starting the Key Spouse role too. Should be interesting.
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I just stepped in as FRG leader for a deploying unit... this shal be a learning experience for all of us!