Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Army Spouse Leadership/FRG ??

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Army Spouse Leadership/FRG ??

Advertisements
    So I'm a marine wife on an army base for short term (<7 months) and have somehow found myself roped into attending the training to do the ACS training for FRGs (I say this jokingly, I'm sure there is some good info in the classes) but I want to know from you ladies that have done it, other than being a commander's wife, is there real benefit/reason to spend the 6+ days in training? I'm game for taking the time if there are some good things I can take and apply to my position at our next USMC base
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I have no idea, I'm sorry I couldn't be any help! I just saw no one had replied to your thread, just thought I'd let ya know people are reading it. Hopefully someone can help you out!
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Thanks for the reply. Its no huge deal, I'll take the class, it'll get me out of the house and networking with some of the army wives. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if it was actually going to be useful or if its really just an army thing that won't really apply to me at all after we switch duty stations in a few months.

The good thing is once I take it I can give advice to the other Marine wives that rotate through this particular installation about whether they should invest the time and energy to kid the kids to the sitter to go sit through it.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    My husband just made captain and I was told about this class. I was thinking about taking it as well. Especially since I am a new Army wife. I figured if nothing else it would be great to meet other ladies && learn some stuff
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by beautiful_is_taken View Post
    My husband just made captain and I was told about this class. I was thinking about taking it as well. Especially since I am a new Army wife. I figured if nothing else it would be great to meet other ladies && learn some stuff
    the civ lady here in charge of all of it told me it would be useful because you talk about personalities and you network and hear experiences from the women who've been Co commander wives and have experienced "it all." wondering what "it" is. Im gonna take it starting in a couple of weeks, Ill be glad to give you a heads up on what it is we do exactly. the next duty station's FRO contacted me this week hoping ill be active in the family readiness group so hope I can take away some ideas or pointers
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    You defnitely should I would appreciate that! Let me know if it's worth it or not

Good luck lovie!