Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Food for 70

1. Junior Member

Food for 70

Advertisements
    Hello ladies I am the FRG leader for my husbands company and they are in the field and the commander wants us to go next sunday and make them lunch. But for 70 soliders what do I make. thanks for your help
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Some kind of pasta & sauce/cream is always a good way to go for a lot of people... You could also get about 8-10 volunteers to make some kind of meat (chicken, turkey, ham...) and have them carve that up and serve it...
  3. Senior Member
    Pastas a good idea. You could cook up a bunch of pasta, and do a red sauce and an alfredo sauce. Make a bunch of salad and some bread.

You could also serve that with some chicken to put on top of the pasta
  4. Senior Member
    hmmm... can you do a potlock? and have FRG members bring different things in?

If so, I would have someone make a few trays of baked ziti, a few different people each make trays of meatballs (because ground beef is cheap compared to other kinds of meat - but you want some type of meat so that the meal will have substance. i'm sure the guys will be hungry after a day in the field.) then have someone do trays of salad, and someone do dinner rolls or breadsticks. then have a few people make cookies or brownies. all of those things are relatively cheap and easy to make a lot of.
  5. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfish View Post
    If so, I would have someone make a few trays of baked ziti, a few different people each make trays of meatballs (because ground beef is cheap compared to other kinds of meat - but you want some type of meat so that the meal will have substance. i'm sure the guys will be hungry after a day in the field.) then have someone do trays of salad, and someone do dinner rolls or breadsticks. then have a few people make cookies or brownies. all of those things are relatively cheap and easy to make a lot of.
    Ive seen this done a lot and with a good amount of success. Dont forget salad dressing though, and plastic forks.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbeauty View Post
    Ive seen this done a lot and with a good amount of success. Dont forget salad dressing though, and plastic forks.
    and something to serve the pasta with

You will need to be able to cut through the cheese
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I would see if other FRG members can help, and do a signup sheet of who's bringing what. Pasta is very easy, I agree with that suggestion. So are burgers and hot dogs, though those are pretty common.
  8. formerly ThatOneHotNurse :)
    formerly ThatOneHotNurse :)
    I would just have an FRG potluck
    (813):
    y-o-u-r-e= you are,
    y-o-u-r = your. you are a bag of douche not your bag of
    douche. if you're going to insult me at least do it in proper english.
    that is all.
  9. Junior Member
    Thanks for your ideas ladies I got an email from the commander and they canceled it cuz they only gone for two weeks. I was so bummed when I got the email.