Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: New to the site and new leader

1. Junior Member

New to the site and new leader

Advertisements
    I just saw this part of the forum and thought I'd say Hi. I just became leader of my husbands FRG. We are starting it from the ground up (yikes). I've been involved in one but nothing to this extent but I am excited about it. It's a National Guard unit. I was supposed to go to a conference a few weeks back but I got sick and unfortunatley our MPOC had a family emergency and he didn't go either.

I know we are going to have a very difficult time getting people to join so getting others to help me is going to be even more difficult. I'm hoping that once they move armories (late this year or next year) that will change because they are in a rough area currently. But everyone still lives so far away so its going to be tough.

So I welcome any and ALL advice. I know this is going to be a tough road and I hope to be able to learn from those with experience!
  2. Kiss Me Through The Phone!
    Kiss Me Through The Phone!
    Good luck with everything. I'm sure you'll do just fine!

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Welcome! I hope you find some useful information here
  4. Senior Member
    Congrats and good luck. I was the ombudsman for the USS Wasp for 4 years. Now my fiance' is NG and i'm having to adjust from Navy to Army. I hear you with everyone living so far away. I've been trying to meet up with some of the spouses from Anthonys company, but they are spread out through NC. IF you need anything feel free to pm me.