Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: How to stop an uneasy question?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

How to stop an uneasy question?

Advertisements
    Being an FRG board member, does that make you an automatic baby sitter when some of the ladies need help? I'm feeling uneasy about this. How do I avoid being presumed a babysitter?
  2. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    What the eff? I have never heard of anything like that taking place. I'm sorry!
  3. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

If asked just say "no". you owe no explanation.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I agree with Jayo, just simply say no. I would never, ever use my FRG as a childcare service or assume anyone should help me with my kids. The only way I would ask anyone in the FRG for help with my kids was if it was an absolute emergency and I had no one else. That is not what they are there for. If you make a good friend, and they are willing to help out with you kids, fine. Otherwise, no.
  5. I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend.
    I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend.
    Tell them you legally cannot. Its a conflict of of interest, and you are not allowed to do it. You need to develop an emergency situation group of woman you can call in case of needing an emergency childcare.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

NO! You are NOT an automatic baby sitter. You can help lead them into the right way for finding a baby sitter. But being an FRG person you technically( legally) cannot be a baby sitter.
  7. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrjennigrrr View Post
    Tell them you legally cannot. Its a conflict of of interest, and you are not allowed to do it. You need to develop an emergency situation group of woman you can call in case of needing an emergency childcare.
    Thanks for your answer. I just want to avoid some women saying that since I & board members are in that position that we need to help out since they have no one to help. If it was an emergency situation and they had no one that I would.
    TK
    You are not an automatic babysitter. You could ask if anyone wants to sign up for a babysitting tree. People sign up that they are willing to babysit on occasion or emergency situations only. Then when someone calls, you can get them in touch with the sitters. I was surprised at how many of our members without kids were willing to join the sitting tree.
  9. Captain's Wife
    Captain's Wife
    Blog Entries
    I feel for you here because being an FRG Leader (having sort of been one once myself) is hard work because you have tons of responsibility....I would not let ppl make you their mother or babysitter....its not your job - your job is to be support for them and for them to support you. Are you up for saying "no" to ppl and putting your foot down?