Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Shore Command folks!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!

Question Shore Command folks!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisements
    If you have an FRG, what all do you do?!?

I have an appt with DH's XO tomorrow...

We've been apart of this command for a year and a half now. I have ZERO contact info for the command. This concerns me, because I'd have no way to contact them if God-forbid, something happened to DH...

Our last command, subs, I had the contact info for the CO, CO's wife(loved her), XO, etc, etc...
    I even knew the CO's name, XO's name, etc. With this command, I couldn't even tell you what letter the CO's first and last name starts with. Unless, I did some researching online....

I also wish the command would have more family events, than just a once a year picnic.

Anyhow, if your non-deploying, non-seagoing command has an FRG, what do they do for you and the other command families?!?

TIA!!!

I have a few points written down now, but feel like I need more to present to the XO.
  2. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I am not in a shore command, but do you have an Ombudsman at all? Last command we were at, which was shore, had no FRG, no family events really. The First Class Association did a Christmas Party for the kids, but that was it. FRG is somewhat limited because they do not get any funding whatsoever from the command, they have to do all fundraisers themselves and cannot solicate donations. Also have to do legal paperwork through the base legal office in order to do the fundraising. I would see if there is an Ombudsman and what avenues the command has to get the word out such as the Plan of The Week. I ask about the Ombudsman, because if they do a newsletter, they could include a section for the FRG.
  4. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by flangl18 View Post
    I am not in a shore command, but do you have an Ombudsman at all? Last command we were at, which was shore, had no FRG, no family events really. The First Class Association did a Christmas Party for the kids, but that was it. FRG is somewhat limited because they do not get any funding whatsoever from the command, they have to do all fundraisers themselves and cannot solicate donations. Also have to do legal paperwork through the base legal office in order to do the fundraising. I would see if there is an Ombudsman and what avenues the command has to get the word out such as the Plan of The Week. I ask about the Ombudsman, because if they do a newsletter, they could include a section for the FRG.

Nope and that's what I plan to bring up!

I just hope I don't get voluntold to do anything....LOL! I'm prepared if I do, though.

for the advice!

I'd be pleased if there was an omb, but this command has nada!
  5. Put the alphabet in order...
    Put the alphabet in order...
    Our command has like 3 AD spouses. The Ombudsman is a reservist's wife. Basically, anything the command does family wise is taken care of by the 1st class association, the chiefs or the MWR. I do know the chain of command though. Good luck!
  6. Senior Member
    We're at such a shitty command, they have NOTHING! Then again there wasnt anything for the boat he was on either. I guess he picks shitty commands.
  7. Senior Member
    we get emails from the ombudsman everyday about things to do, traffic delays, newsletters that the CO's want us to read. Here at great lakes its a very small command less that 1000 sailors, who are all E-5 and above(I think we have 3 E-4's). I get about 3-10 emails a day from the ombudsman. But so far there was no "family activities" but its freezing cold and we have only been here 2 months.

ETA- I think that you would be great at organizing any kind of family activities!
  8. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    for the replies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kimly....that's what I do for my local area mommies group. I'm the "welcoming manager." Thanks for the kind compliment.