Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Have any Ombudsmen ever been reimbursed?

1. Loving Life in Paradise!
    Loving Life in Paradise!
    Blog Entries

Question Have any Ombudsmen ever been reimbursed?

Advertisements
    Just curious - have you ever actually been reimbursed? If so, how did the payment come and how long did it take?

I put in for a reimbursement in May, but nothing came of it.

I reapplied in December, with the original request from May, and then new ones for the rest of the year.

Now what? How long will it take for PSD to get it to me? Any experience with this?

PLEASE tell me you've dealt with this before and had a good outcome.
    Last edited by Kristen; 01-16-2009 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Minimizing the airing of dirty laundry. ;)
  2. Senior Member
    I've never put in a request although I know I can. Our previous ombudsman put in requests all the time and never had a problem getting them reimbursed within 30 days I think. It shouldn't take that long.
    TK
    I am just about to submit my first reimbursment request. Admin told me that they take the paperwork and add me to dh's DFAS account. Then any reimbursements will get deposited into his bank account.

Has the CO gotten back with you about the paperwork? Is it still at PSD? Maybe your CO or CMC can call over to PSD and find out.

I really hope that they get everything straightened out for you. It is in the instruction that they have to reimburse for certain expenses. I'll let you know how mine goes.
    Last edited by peatys girl; 01-16-2009 at 06:26 PM. Reason: to help Kristen
  4. Loving Life in Paradise!
    Loving Life in Paradise!
    Blog Entries
    Ok, I can handle 30 days. Thank you. I didn't think I would put in many requests, but when gas was $4/gallon and we were driving all over Hampton Roads during deployment, the expenses added up quick.

From here out, I'm going to be much more frugal about this job. Before, I was assured that I didn't need to worry about it since they would reimburse us. But since it hasn't been easy to obtain that, I'm going to cut way back instead.

I'd love to hear how yours goes!

Thanks for the input ladies!
    Last edited by Kristen; 01-16-2009 at 02:02 PM.
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Its really pathetic you've been waiting over 6 months for a reimbursement. They're lucky they don't lose you.

Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Senior Member
    From what I understand, the first time setting it up is the one that takes the longest. As Peaty's Girl said, it's in the instruction that they HAVE to reimburse for certain things, and can choose to reimburse others.

Worst case scenario, you can claim the mileage and other stuff on your taxes. But I know you want the cash. You should not be out of pocket being an ombudsman unless you choose to.
    Last edited by petsparkle; 01-16-2009 at 01:55 PM. Reason: OP request
  7. Loving Life in Paradise!
    Loving Life in Paradise!
    Blog Entries
    Thanks again for the input ladies. I'll update when something happens one way or the other. But for now, I'm going to edit a little bit, since you never know who's reading and I don't like advertising my complaints too much.
  8. I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend.
    I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend.
    I submitted my reimbursment forms from March (when i was appointed) until the end of the fiscal year at the end of September. Since the ship was on deployment and about to pull into port, they just put the money (OMG $400!!!!) onto my husbands cash card.