Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Helping Spouses and Soldiers Question...

1. Senior Member

Helping Spouses and Soldiers Question...

Advertisements
    I'm currently going through the AFTB classes and other similar classes for the FRG and all of that, and I was wondering, does anyone know how you go about getting a new program established through ACS? I've recently been through a lot, and I noticed there are no programs to help with the kind of stuff I went through, and the companies, battalions, etc.. were no help. They actually treated me as though I was a burdon... so I was thinking about trying to get a program established through ACS to where I could help these people, and 'unburdon' the Army and the soldier. I know that this is all kind of written all over the place, but I was just wondering if anyone knew how to go about doing that.. because I know at least our FRG is worthless, and people need help, and they're not getting it. If anyone still doesn't understand what I'm trying to say..lol.. feel free to PM me, but if you could help me out I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

2. Formerly known as Carpenter's Wife
    Formerly known as Carpenter's Wife
    Blog Entries
    Hey hun. I am also an FRG Leader, and just so happens, I am NC too.
    I can truly relate to your pain as far as the FRG being sort of a let-down as far as being the help that people really need.
    I am working on establishing our unit's FRG website right now. I have also been doing alot of training, as well.
    Our unit is Army National Guard, so I'm not sure if I can be of any help or not. But I can tell you that if you need some help that I have an AWESOME FAC and my FRSA will help me do anything I ask him to.
    Good luck with it! If I can help, just send me a message.

Our baby , Rylee is due Sept. 24

3. Senior Member
    I PMed you

4. bailliesbags
    I would get your ideas written down a bit and then set up a meeting with the person in charge of ACS in your area. And go from there.

FRG's can be such a let down. They are either bad or good and I don't think there is an in between. And it totally depends on the people in the unit also.

If ACS doesn't pan out, going thru Chaplain services may be another way to try and accomplish what you are trying to.