Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being FRG leader?

1. Senior Member

Being FRG leader?

Advertisements
    So one of the guys in dh's battery just asked him today if I would be FRG leader for their battery. I guess a lot of the guys in the battery aren't married and the ones who are are PCSing. We just got here in Decemeber so we'll be here a while and they just got back from a deployment. So anyway, do I want to do that? I know nothing about the FRG really. I don't go to any of the meetings or events. I don't do anything relating to the FRG except glance at a few of the e-mails I get, so I really don't know what all I would have to do. I'm not a very social person either, I'm much more the hermit type. So...suggestions?
    ~Jessie~

2. Banned
    Banned
    If you're not social or someone who actively participates/wants to participate in FRG stuff, I don't think you'd be a good candidate, no offense. People count on the FRG leader to be proactive and organize social events and BE social on behalf of the FRG (ie calling spouses to check in with them etc while their DH's are deployed). Maybe someone will have some more info for you though.
  3. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries
    Its a great opportunity if you're willing to do what Schaele said. I know that DB's FRG is not that great at all. They need all sorts of volunteers to help because the leader just isn't pulling through during this deployment. They had a halfway bash and that is it. It's a great way to meet spouses, become active within your community, and learn leadership skills. I would do it if I could...but I"m not married yet.
  4. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    If you aren't a social person, then being the FRG leader is probably not a good idea. Being FRG leader means calling people all the time, planning meetings, sending out emails to update what is going on, etc.
  5. TualaBear
    TualaBear
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKOSWIFEY View Post
    If you're not social or someone who actively participates/wants to participate in FRG stuff, I don't think you'd be a good candidate, no offense. People count on the FRG leader to be proactive and organize social events and BE social on behalf of the FRG (ie calling spouses to check in with them etc while their DH's are deployed). Maybe someone will have some more info for you though.

Yah I agree.. Over here in Korea that's practically the only position that I've found with somewhat of ease and I know I couldn't swing it.. I just don't have those personable skills..

But if I did.. Yes, I'd take the opportunity in a heart beat!
    Freedom & Tina Our Blog: http://thebaptistas.blogspot.com/
    "To disagree with me is your human right. To argue with me just because you think you are right and want to see me wrong makes you legally retarded."
  6. Senior Member
    Thanks. Yeah, my first thought was no, but then I thought about it and I don't have a job anyway and I don't have any friends up here so I thought it would be a way to force me to BE social and meet people. But I can see myself wishing I hadn't taken it and wanting to crawl in a hole away from everyone. So, I dunno.
    ~Jessie~

7. Senior Member
    If you do it, make sure that you aren't exclusive to the girls who are girlfriends and fiancees!! They need support too, just like the wives do...
  8. .boricua.
    .boricua.
    Dh asked me if I wanted to be the Key Spouse for his unit b/c the old one was stepping down... We weren't even married yet

Its a lot of responsibility and I was feeling like I didn't know anyone well enough yet. I think I might be up to it in a few years though... But not now hahaha
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little.lili View Post
    Dh asked me if I wanted to be the Key Spouse for his unit b/c the old one was stepping down... We weren't even married yet

Its a lot of responsibility and I was feeling like I didn't know anyone well enough yet. I think I might be up to it in a few years though... But not now hahaha
    Yeah, I don't know anyone AT ALL.
    ~Jessie~

10. .boricua.
    .boricua.
    Maybe you should try getting involved with the FRG or the other wives???
    I know I would feel a lot more confident after meeting a few of the other ladies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast