Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: New Team Leader for FRG

1. Senior Member

New Team Leader for FRG

Advertisements
    Our command has just recently "dug up" our FRG and I was thrust into being the Team Leader for our FRG...and to say the least I am lost!! We are a very small command and have been combined with other command FRG in our Group...oh yeah we are part of the EOD community....any how I need ideas...tricks of the trade..whatever you are willing to share with me so that I can be successful in starting this thing up right...the commands answer to my questions are....Just get it going how you think it should be...I know the bi laws and what not but I am talking the specifics...I need help ladies...IDEAS!!! We have a family gram started but gimme some ideas...point me in the right direction!! I feel overwhelmed
  2. Senior Member
    see if your fleet and family support center does the frg getting started session and go to it because you'll learn a lot.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mackenziesmommy View Post
    see if your fleet and family support center does the frg getting started session and go to it because you'll learn a lot.
    They do but not until JULY!! Grrrr...they need one now Thank you
  4. Senior Member
    email and see if you can go in and talk to the person who teaches it...I know ours would be more than willing to.
  5. Senior Member
    Do you have bi-laws written for you or do you need to write them?
    Do you have a bank account and a treasurer yet?

Also contact your nearest JAG office and ask if there is anything they need from you. Rules have changed and they are stricter than ever.

I would love to give you all kinds of ideas for stuff, but rules differ on bases. For example here you must have a food handlers license to sell food. Bake sales are not allowed the Commissary/Exchange. All newsletters must have a disclaimer at the bottom stating that they are not official Navy correspondence.

Here is the Navy guidelines for FRG's http://doni.daps.dla.mil/Directives/...ces/1754.5.PDF

Let me know if you need any help
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep's Wife View Post
    Do you have bi-laws written for you or do you need to write them?
    Do you have a bank account and a treasurer yet?

Also contact your nearest JAG office and ask if there is anything they need from you. Rules have changed and they are stricter than ever.

I would love to give you all kinds of ideas for stuff, but rules differ on bases. For example here you must have a food handlers license to sell food. Bake sales are not allowed the Commissary/Exchange. All newsletters must have a disclaimer at the bottom stating that they are not official Navy correspondence.

Here is the Navy guidelines for FRG's http://doni.daps.dla.mil/Directives/...ces/1754.5.PDF

Let me know if you need any help
    We have an FRO due in around mid July...a chief I believe that is new to the command and he will be handling quite a bit of this...I will have to ask these questions to the SR chief that I am supposed to report to.....thanks