Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FRG callers or treasurers?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

FRG callers or treasurers?

Advertisements
    I just became Key caller and Treasurer. I have no idea what I've gotten myself into, but I want to help, and I'm willing to take on some responsibility.

Anyone else in either of these positions?
  2. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    I'm a key caller and secretary/treasurer(our treasurer just PCS'd so the presidency has taken on the role until the new group comes in in september).
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Oh! Good.

Can you tell me what the H I just signed up for?

This is our first duty station, I tried on purpose not to get involved...and got suckered in anyway. Somehow. It took a few months, but they got me.
  4. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    Key Calling is where you have a list of people in the command*usually spouses* and you call to let them know when something is going on, i.e FRG meeting, change of command, etc. Your head key caller should supply you with the list of people to call and tell you exactly what needs to be said.

Being treasurer, you are responsible for the bank account*usually along with the FRG president* and making sure the books balance. Not usually a ton of work, just detail stuff....keeping the receipts, making sure all the transactions are even, knowing how much you spend for what event, etc.
  5. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    Oh and I did the same thing, i tried not to get involved...and now somehow my name has been nommed to be leader next year
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Key Calling is where you have a list of people in the command*usually spouses* and you call to let them know when something is going on, i.e FRG meeting, change of command, etc. Your head key caller should supply you with the list of people to call and tell you exactly what needs to be said.

Being treasurer, you are responsible for the bank account*usually along with the FRG president* and making sure the books balance. Not usually a ton of work, just detail stuff....keeping the receipts, making sure all the transactions are even, knowing how much you spend for what event, etc.
    Jennifer tells you what the roles are and means. Sounds like you just got involved - !!!

My Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  7. Happily ever after, no matter what
    Happily ever after, no matter what
    Blog Entries
    i am currently on of our key callers, and it is pretty low key. i only have about 8 ladies on my list though

i swore up and down that i would not do the FRG thing, but after meeting with the leads they won me over i have actually even agreed to join the care team which is a huge responsibility and VERY important during any deployment. i hope i NEVER have to use any of the training but it is good to know it's there
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I had key caller training this morning, and it explained everything. I will have about 20 people on my list for the time being. Last deployment cycle, one girl got stuck with over 100 can you IMAGINE having to make all those calls? Yikes.

Thanks for the info, guys! I'm glad to be volunteering and probably will do more as time goes on. The scary part was, we all had to sign in on a sheet and put our spouse's rank next to it. I was the last person to sign in and uh...lowest rank by like...8 steps. I'm glad I signed in last, because they were all really nice to me
  9. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Good luck with your new responsibilities Loretta
  10. hurry up and wait....
    hurry up and wait....
    good luck Lori! Over the year my list when from 50 to 20, and 20 is a lot more manageable, lol!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast