Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FRG Attendance

1. Regular Member

Roll Eyes FRG Attendance

Advertisements
    Any ideas on how to increase attendance at the FRG meetings? We had 11 at our meeting last month, and while I am told this is about 7 more than usually come, I was disappointed. I would love to hear thoughts and suggestions anyone has.
  2. Senior Member
    raffle off some cool desired door prize and spread the word amongst the command.

My Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  3. Senior Member
    The local Girl Scout troop did child care for ours at the Armory.... Our leader brought in Caribou Coffee (kinda like Starbucks) and told us that the kids would be watched over while us grownups had coffee.... They even brought in a Barista to make us drinks. Caribou did it pro-bono as a service to the deployed families, the Barista volunteered her time...

All our FRG leader did was ask the manager at Caribou if they could help, they jumped at the chance.

It was great..
  4. Senior Member
    yeah well you have ours beat... myself and my 2 kids were the only ones that showed up....
    Mrs. Villanueva
    [/CENTER]
  5. mrswhitley07
    i know this might be a stupid question but what is FRG? im sorry
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrswhitley07 View Post
    i know this might be a stupid question but what is FRG? im sorry
    Family Readiness Group.... It's where you meet all the other wives who have no lives while their men are gone, and gossip about the ones who DO have lives

I made a couple really good friends there...
  7. bug
    *sigh* I dunno...ours is a joke...the person who is in charge can't seem to get himself together enough to hold a simple meeting. I finally just gave up on the whole thing after chasing him down to volunteer my house/money/time. I wish we had a good one
  8. Regular Member
    Okay ladies, thanks for the ideas. I will try the raffle thing for sure. Please keep more ideas coming!
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Home: Atlanta Currently: Mobile, AL (Blah)
    I know I have never been to one, well, b/c ours is pretty much non-existant. But I did read a few weeks ago when some of the women were giving idea on how to increase attendence. One suggestion that a lot of the women agreed on was having a "less formal" meeting, much like a cookout at someone's house where you can get to know each other instead of just in a room or church that is much more up tight. Just a thought!!
    ~Paige~

10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AGibson View Post
    I know I have never been to one, well, b/c ours is pretty much non-existant. But I did read a few weeks ago when some of the women were giving idea on how to increase attendence. One suggestion that a lot of the women agreed on was having a "less formal" meeting, much like a cookout at someone's house where you can get to know each other instead of just in a room or church that is much more up tight. Just a thought!!
    Thanks. I plan on doing a BBQ as soon as the guys deploy. I hope to get a good turn out and some new faces.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast