Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FRG Ideas

1. Senior Member

FRG Ideas

Advertisements
    So I was wondering what have you ladies done within your FRGS that has worked out well.....Fundraising ideas, Outings, Kids activities....more or less anything. I am just hoping to get some new ideas to bounce off our FRG's Pres and Treasure at our next meeting to maybe get things more involved.

Thanks in Advanced!
  2. Senior Member
    The one project that I participated in (lived out of the area) with our FRG from last deployment was making pillowcases. Each person/family decorated a pillowcase for their sailor and they all were given to the FRG person in charge and safety pinned together to make a big quilt looking thing. They were sent to the ship and displayed and then given to each sailor. It was fun, dh was surprised and really loved it when he got it. They even had the option to do an extra if you wanted for a single sailor so they wouldn't all be left out.

Not sure if that's exactly what you meant, but that's the one thing that stood out in my mind that I really enjoyed doing and dh really enjoyed getting.
  3. Living in paradise :D
    Living in paradise :D
    We did the pillow case thing for home coming-they were all strung on clothes lines at the place we picked the guys up from.

Here, we get a sheet (or 2 depending on how many kids participate) and have all the kids decorate it and then hang it on a fence where it can be seen when they get back.

We also have one day where we all make cookies at home. Then we meet up, and package them (the spouse group supplies ziplocks and boxes). This is a small command though. But we put like 5 cookies in each ziplock. There are boxes for each shop and each box gets as many ziplocks as there are guys in the shop. Then the shop boxes get put in big boxes and mailed off to the guys. We do this around half time. We also get the wives of each shop, take a polaroid of them and put them in the shop's box, so the husbands can see their wives who helped box make and box their cookies. Wanted to add that TONS of people show up for this-even officers wives.

At our last command when the guys were deployed, every other month or so, we would have spouses donate items with a common theme and use the items to put together a care package for the guys to send them.

At our last command, we would have potlucks every so often to have an excuse to get together during deployment when we were all lonely. At this command, we've taken that idea a step farther and we have weekly potlucks. We rotate houses and the person hosting it picks the theme. These weekly potlucks are pretty popular.

Fundraising:

At our last command, we did a tupperware fundraiser (u get 40&#37 that made a few hundred dollars.

We would also do potlucks for the guys (the people in the group would make the food for the guys) and it was on donation only, so it was a morale booster to give the guys homecooked food and a way for us to make money.

Hope this gave u some fresh ideas to take to ur FRG!
  4. *Mrs. Bonney*
    *Mrs. Bonney*
    We have lunch sales at the hanger once a month to raise money. Last month we served meatball subs, a drink, and dessert( like a cookie or brownie) and we made 300 bucks in 2 hours. On the 3rd we will be doing another lunch of sloppy joes, chips, pickle, and a drink for 5 bucks. We are also serving night check so it helps in our sales.
  5. Regular Member
    These are all great ideas!
  6. It's the most wonderful time of the year!
    It's the most wonderful time of the year!
    Ours did a babysitting night for the parents on the ship. We also did a back to school party and a out of school party for the kids. We also did movies nights at the uso. Hope this helps.
    Smile as if you don't have a care in the world,
    Love with your whole heart,
    And laugh as if it is going out of style.
  7. Regular Member
    We are going to do two of these ideas here real soon. We are selling meatball subs to the guys and also doing a bake sale. The difference is we are doing the bake sale as donations only. I have 'heard' this is a great way to bring in money. Also we are getting everything donated from spouses throughout the command. I will let you all know how it goes!
  8. Regular Member
    Last night I went to our CAG mixer. It was alot of fun. One of our sister squadrons put it on and there were spouses from all four squadrons there. They had teh tables set up with all the things you would need to give yourself a manicure. There was food and childcare and lots that was raffled off. But everyone was given a number and you sat according to your number and everyone chatted. There were conversation starters on the table if you needed them and after an allotted amount of time, you switched tables, but the end of the night you got to meet just about everyone. It was alot of fun!
  9. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by salerine View Post
    We are going to do two of these ideas here real soon. We are selling meatball subs to the guys and also doing a bake sale. The difference is we are doing the bake sale as donations only. I have 'heard' this is a great way to bring in money. Also we are getting everything donated from spouses throughout the command. I will let you all know how it goes!
    We just did a bake sale last week.. and it was by donation... we made $116.
  10. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    A fundraiser we did is a "50/50" raffle... sell raffle tickets for $1 for 1 and $6 for 5... and then when you have a meeting pick a ticket and whoever the ticket is gets half of the pot. At ours we made $114 and the winner won half (57) and the other goes into the account.. but they can put the money back into the FRG.

Another thing we are going to do is "Pay Your rank"... we will do this on a Friday.. guys will pay thier rank.. so an E-2 will pay $2.

We have done bake sales --- donations only (best way). And we will be doing food sales... I highly recommend getting a food handlers card. I was told we have to have one on our post.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast