Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Question About Mary Kay Oconus (I'm Already a Consultant)

1. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie

Question About Mary Kay Oconus (I'm Already a Consultant)

Advertisements
    I've been a consultant about six months, but just now actively began trying to do it. I have a website via Mary Kay, so my customers can order via the website. My husband just PCS'd to Lakenheath, and I'll be joining him as soon as my visa gets back to me. I want to continue being a consultant over there, and know I can't use APO for it, but I have some questions.

1) I saw that if you leave the US for 90 days straight, they terminate you. Is this true, and if so, how do I go around that?

2) I understand I can't use APO to get several packages from MK, or send out packages to customers, but could I use it to buy products to keep on hand (like for parties so they can try products)?
  2. be silly. be honest. be kind.
    be silly. be honest. be kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by btaylor1991 View Post
    I've been a consultant about six months, but just now actively began trying to do it. I have a website via Mary Kay, so my customers can order via the website. My husband just PCS'd to Lakenheath, and I'll be joining him as soon as my visa gets back to me. I want to continue being a consultant over there, and know I can't use APO for it, but I have some questions.

1) I saw that if you leave the US for 90 days straight, they terminate you. Is this true, and if so, how do I go around that?

2) I understand I can't use APO to get several packages from MK, or send out packages to customers, but could I use it to buy products to keep on hand (like for parties so they can try products)?
    I know the strictness of each base can vary greatly, but from my understanding of friends having MLM business like that and trying to operate them OCONUS, you cannot use ANY military resources for your business. Not to order catalogs or buy products for customers, or even purchase gas available on post to drive for any business-related purposes (home parties or whatever). I've had friends who had every single packaged opened and scoured for business products, even if the packages were not obviously marked or even had any business products in them. They were even investigated by the MPs and had family, friends and employers questioned. But I've also known people at other bases who never had any trouble whatsoever

"The purpose of life is not to simply be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

3. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Last I heard Mary Kay couldn't be sold to British because they have a British version so you have to be very careful who you sell to.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

4. Fresh Newbie
    Fresh Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenni Penni View Post
    I know the strictness of each base can vary greatly, but from my understanding of friends having MLM business like that and trying to operate them OCONUS, you cannot use ANY military resources for your business. Not to order catalogs or buy products for customers, or even purchase gas available on post to drive for any business-related purposes (home parties or whatever). I've had friends who had every single packaged opened and scoured for business products, even if the packages were not obviously marked or even had any business products in them. They were even investigated by the MPs and had family, friends and employers questioned. But I've also known people at other bases who never had any trouble whatsoever
    Well then, that's interesting! Thanks for telling me!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac N Cheese View Post
    Last I heard Mary Kay couldn't be sold to British because they have a British version so you have to be very careful who you sell to.
    Yeah, I knew that lol. I assumed because it's a home business and I'm a US citizen, I couldn't do it over in the UK, but what you said makes sense too.