Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Birthday onsie/tutu combo and Chalkboard

1. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

Birthday onsie/tutu combo and Chalkboard

Advertisements

Soooo, here's a shocker. I procrastinated on ordering DD's birthday outfit and all the tutus I have found on tsy are 3 weeks + shipping. Thought I might check here to see if any of you made them before I break down and pay the ridiculous rush shipping fee on etsy.
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it like a boss.

2. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Why don't you just make one? They're pretty simple! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrHljQ-vtuM

PS re-reading that it came off snarky I didn't mean it that way I just meant they are easy to make if you can't find someone here so you don't have to pay the crazy shipping!

3. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by April Lynne View Post
    Why don't you just make one? They're pretty simple! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrHljQ-vtuM

PS re-reading that it came off snarky I didn't mean it that way I just meant they are easy to make if you can't find someone here so you don't have to pay the crazy shipping!
    Because i am the least artsy person on the planet . Plus I'm wanting an embroidered shirt.

4. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *Bazinga* View Post
    Because i am the least artsy person on the planet . Plus I'm wanting an embroidered shirt.
    Ah yes the shirt would be an issue. I made one of the tutus for my niece though it took 0 art skill! As long as you can tie knots and count you're good

Good luck with finding one though! I hope someone here can make you one!! I know that Sydney will look ADORABLE in whatever you put her in! ( are you sure she's almost 1???)

5. Senior Member
    When in doubt ,,,I look at amazon
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    honestly, you might have to check any dance stores and such (kids stores, etc), otherwise i suggest to make one (i know as you stated before your not artsy but its super simple and if you wanted you could do it as a fun activity with DD) as for the shirt it might be a little late... I made mine and a tee shirt with stretchy tulle from a craft store, and iron on designs for the tee. All you do is cut stands of tulle and tie them in a knot onto a elastic!!! I just eye balled it and tied until i felt it was fluffy enough.

[IMG][/IMG]
  7. Life is an adventure!
    Life is an adventure!
    I have a tutu outfit for 1st birthday. It has pants, a shirt and a little hair bow that goes with it. It's super cute, I can post pictures of it if you're interested.
  8. Breathe and chill
    Breathe and chill
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by April Lynne View Post
    Ah yes the shirt would be an issue. I made one of the tutus for my niece though it took 0 art skill! As long as you can tie knots and count you're good

Good luck with finding one though! I hope someone here can make you one!! I know that Sydney will look ADORABLE in whatever you put her in! ( are you sure she's almost 1???)
    . . She is NOT going to be 1!

Quote Originally Posted by maxka View Post
    When in doubt ,,,I look at amazon
    I hadn't thought to check there :doh

Quote Originally Posted by KaitieD View Post
    honestly, you might have to check any dance stores and such (kids stores, etc), otherwise i suggest to make one (i know as you stated before your not artsy but its super simple and if you wanted you could do it as a fun activity with DD) as for the shirt it might be a little late... I made mine and a tee shirt with stretchy tulle from a craft store, and iron on designs for the tee. All you do is cut stands of tulle and tie them in a knot onto a elastic!!! I just eye balled it and tied until i felt it was fluffy enough.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Punky77 View Post
    I have a tutu outfit for 1st birthday. It has pants, a shirt and a little hair bow that goes with it. It's super cute, I can post pictures of it if you're interested.
    That would be great, as long as you don't get mad . I have in my head exactly what i want and I was hoping to still find something personalized...but your DD is always dressed adorable, so I will take the offer to look, please!

9. Life is an adventure!
    Life is an adventure!
    i'm going to go back and look to see if I posted one on here since I'm at work and cost post pics
  10. Life is an adventure!
    Life is an adventure!
    ok so I can't even see what pictures I posted but this is the thread that I posted Pipe's 1st birthday pics in. I'm sure I posted one with the outfit. http://www.militarysos.com/forum/pho...img-heavy.html
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast