Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Subscription Boxes - shares and reviews

1. Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!

Subscription Boxes - shares and reviews

Advertisements
    In October of 2012, I got suckered into subscribing to Goodies Co - which was a $7/month box delivered with 4 - 7 "new" items for our family to try & review.

At first the boxes were REALLY good - with a number of new items that we totally enjoyed and went on to buy. Later boxes were very pedestrian, and the service ended in October 2013. (It didn't really hurt our feelings, and I had enough points that I got a $10 gift card.)

So, now I'm trying two new subscriptions: graze.com and consciousbox.com The first graze box (it comes every two weeks) was really good - nuts and nibbles which I really enjoyed. Our first Conscious box is in the mail!

I have a friend code if anyone wants to try graze - it allows you to get your first and fifth boxes free. (PM me if you're interested.)

Is anyone else using subscription boxes? Feedback, warnings, lessons learned?
  2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    I do graze over here in England (where it started ) I get it twice a week

I do kiwi craft for the kids every so often.

I just started citrus lane. Haven't received it yet, but will update!

And start ipsy, but might cancel it since I heard the shipping sucks ass for APO and might switch to british brichbox
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. Senior Member
    Our 2 year old has been getting Citrus Lane boxes for about 6 months now. It's $25 a month, and SO worth it! This month he got a skip hop lunch bag, a solid wood shape sorter puzzle, a snack pouch and a full size all natural upset tummy med. the boxes are based off the child's age and sex. We've gotten Melissa & Doug puzzles, full size bath wash and lotion, sun hats...all kinds of stuff. I also have a link if anyone wants to try them. PM me and I'll send you the link.

I also get Julep boxes. It's nail polish/skincare/makeup. It's $19.99 a month. I really like it. I got a code for a fee box a few months back in one of Aidan's boxes, and tried it. It's great for nail polish lovers. The nail posh is amazing, and their top coat is the only one I've been able to find that doesn't chip the next day! I have a code for this one, too.
  4. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

The only one I do is LootCrate which is geeky/gaming/etc kind of stuff. It's pretty awesome
  5. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyMama View Post
    Our 2 year old has been getting Citrus Lane boxes for about 6 months now. It's $25 a month, and SO worth it! This month he got a skip hop lunch bag, a solid wood shape sorter puzzle, a snack pouch and a full size all natural upset tummy med. the boxes are based off the child's age and sex. We've gotten Melissa & Doug puzzles, full size bath wash and lotion, sun hats...all kinds of stuff. I also have a link if anyone wants to try them. PM me and I'll send you the link.

I also get Julep boxes. It's nail polish/skincare/makeup. It's $19.99 a month. I really like it. I got a code for a fee box a few months back in one of Aidan's boxes, and tried it. It's great for nail polish lovers. The nail posh is amazing, and their top coat is the only one I've been able to find that doesn't chip the next day! I have a code for this one, too.
    lol I hope we get a lunch box in our first box!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

6. Senior Member
    I used to do BirchBox, which was beauty stuff ranging from nail polish, to skin care, to hair care, and other random stuff like chocolate. The service was $10 per month. When I bought it, I paid for 12 months up front, which cost me $110 (they gave me one box free).

Honestly, I really enjoyed it for a while. But, then I realized that a LOT of the samples were for products that I didn't like and I was throwing away a lot of things. However, there were a few products that I received in the box that I ended up loving and purchasing and I would have never known about them without the service. When I had samples of things I wasn't that interested in, I always set them aside and then had a little sampler, goodie dish in the guest bathroom for whenever people came to stay.

I've been tossing around the idea of subscribing again. Maybe to a different service this time. I think it's great fun to get stuff like that in the mail.
  7. Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Need a shoulder? My PM box is always open!
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooUnicorn! View Post
    The only one I do is LootCrate which is geeky/gaming/etc kind of stuff. It's pretty awesome
    My interest is piqued. Tell me more, please!

I think what I like best is trying new things in quantities that don't totally overwhelm me. (Anyone want a case of cucumber soda that I bought through co-op? . . . )

I've seen a couple for candy. I think I need to find one of those.
  8. Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!
    Mermaids4Lyfe, YO!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post

I think what I like best is trying new things in quantities that don't totally overwhelm me. (Anyone want a case of cucumber soda that I bought through co-op? . . . )

Loot Crate - Monthly Geek and Gamer Subscription Box

Each month has a different theme. This month is Space/Launch

No one really gets the same things. Some of the bigger/food type items are the same, but the littler items vary from box to box
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post

Let me know if you do.

I Eelizah
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Sunbeam, how is Graze? I'm currently trying to decide between that one and NatureBox. Graze says its portion controlled, so how long do those snacks last you? A friend of mine has Naturebox and says those last about 2-3 weeks, come in resealable bags, often having about 3 servings in each. Obviously, Graze is cheaper and I'd consider doing 2-week deliveries (still cheaper than Naturebox), I just wanted to get a first hand review on how substantial the snacks are.

SO MANY CHOICES!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast