Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Fundraiser for my Grandson

1. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries

Fundraiser for my Grandson

Advertisements
    Wasn't really sure where to put this. But I am having an Origami Owl fundraiser for my grandson's Memorial Stone.

Daniel Julian Hensley was born on March 3, 2012, at 4.4oz to my son and daughter-in-law, Daniel and Cristina. When he was seven days old he was diagnosed with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome after he was life flighted to Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, KS. For the first three months of his life, he lived in the NICU and my wonderful Daughter-in-law stayed with him 24/7 until she finally was able to get a room at the Ronald McDonald House. That summer, Memorial Day weekend, he finally was released and got to come home! For two more months he was in our lives and we had the joy of seeing his firsts, first laugh, first smile. August 5th, 2012, he passed away, his poor little heart just gave out.

Due to finances neither my husband and I nor our son are able to afford a permanent Memorial Stone at this time. It has been a year, and it doesn't seem as we'll be able to any time soon. We appreciate any help we can get.

Now that I am selling Origami Owl, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to for you to tell your own stories with lockets, and 100% of my commission will go toward Daniel Julian's head stone so we can have some closure as well as a beautiful memorial for a beautiful boy. Just go to Origami Owl and select Daniel Julien's Fundraiser at check out.

If you would not like to purchase your own locket but would still like to donate, you can go to http://gfwd.at/15v60jc and send your donation. We can't thank our family and friends enough for all of the love and support we have gotten throughout this difficult year.
    Here is our event on FB

https://www.facebook.com/events/494307207319738/
  2. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    My fundraiser will be open until the end of September.
  3. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    WOOHOO! We are officially at $150 dollars raised! It will cost about $800 total! So cool.
  4. Senior Member
    Hey, how long is this running for?
  5. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katayoun View Post
    Hey, how long is this running for?
    As long as it takes! I've got the Origami Owl set up through the end of September. But until we meet our goal, it's on going. Thanks for asking!
  6. Eye
    Master Caster
    Master Caster
    Blog Entries
    Getting closer, but still pretty far away.