Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HUGE Cloth Diaper Destash

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

HUGE Cloth Diaper Destash

Advertisements
    We're switching over from pockets to fitteds so I'm getting rid of most of our pockets and tons of inserts. Here's the FB link, . If you buy multiples or large chunks, we can come up with a fair price: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0286674&type=1).

All diapers and inserts are/were very well taken care of and used in a huge rotation.
    Last edited by KnittingGuamMama; 01-14-2013 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Inserts sold
  2. Senior Member
    Oh goodness I'm in with that spider man one!!
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I want a few!! I have never cloth diapered though so I have no clue what any of it means
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Chikatoka View Post
    I want a few!! I have never cloth diapered though so I have no clue what any of it means
    What do you have questions about? I'll be more than happy to explain. Princessblue on here taught me when we had, o switch so I remember being clueless and overwhelmed

;
  5. Banned
    Banned
    I dont know anything I want the kind where you can throw the poo away down the toilet...I think...im lost lol and have no idea where to even buy there are so many!! (ive still got a while for this baby to bake but I like to be prepared)
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Haha sorry for hijacking your thread.
    One question what does ppd mean? haha I started a thread on cloth diapers earlier today, and someone reccomended a co-op on facebook so I found a few (and a few bst sites) and they alll say ppd. Not one I have ran into before

Also, sizes? Do cloth diapers have sizes?

And do I need special detergent?

I think that is all my questions for now.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Picklejuice View Post
    Oh goodness I'm in with that spider man one!!
    I love both of them. The white Sunbaby one is just not fitting like I want or I'd keep it and the red Alva custom is a double I'm keeping the velcro one in that print.

Quote Originally Posted by calee0815 View Post
    I dont know anything I want the kind where you can throw the poo away down the toilet...I think...im lost lol and have no idea where to even buy there are so many!! (ive still got a while for this baby to bake but I like to be prepared)
    You can throw poop away into the toilet from them all once the baby's eating solids, just plop it right in. I think you're wanting flushable liners. They go into the diapers and then you just flush it. I used those for a while but once I switched to cloth wipes, I got lazy so I just starting plopping the poop off.

Haha sorry for hijacking your thread.
    One question what does ppd mean? haha I started a thread on cloth diapers earlier today, and someone reccomended a co-op on facebook so I found a few (and a few bst sites) and they alll say ppd. Not one I have ran into before
    PPD means that the price includes postage to US (unless otherwise noted). You definitely want PPD when it comes to buying things on teh BST. To give you an idea, postage for one diaper is about $2 so if it's $8ppd, you're getting the diaper for $6. For me, I knock down prices when someone buys more than 3 or 4 because it saves me on postage

Also, sizes? Do cloth diapers have sizes?

The Alvas are all OS (one size) meaning that they fit somewhere from around 10/12lbs - can't speak from experience since Wyatt was around 16lbs when we started - through to potty training. They have rise snaps that you play with to get the right height and leg opening. The Sunbabys are kind of sized. The top row is size one (supposedly) and they're slightly shorter than the rest which are size twos. I can barely tell a difference. Maybe if Wyatt was a bigger kid, I'd see more of a difference.

And do I need special detergent?

Possibly. What are you using now? You MIGHT be able to get away with keeping it. I was making my own which worked great with my water in Hawaii and then we moved here, and it all went to Hell. Things started stinking and not feeling clean and repelling pee. I switched to Rockin' Green Hard Rock. It's expensive but you don't use much so it lasts a while and now things are clean and under control. If you buy some diapers, I'll toss in a few washes worth of my detergent for you to try out. I'm more than happy to pass it forward since people have done all that to me when I was having trouble here and when I started out.

I think that is all my questions for now.
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

For the little monster we use dreft, but I may look into making my own here soon. I like that idea, just have to get dh on board.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

For the little monster we use dreft, but I may look into making my own here soon. I like that idea, just have to get dh on board.
    Dreft is NOT CD safe at all. I had to use it when I first got here and we were washing at a friends house while at the hotel and it was really, REALLY bad. Do you know if you have hard or soft water? If you have normal or soft, you could probably make your own just fine. 10 Homemade Laundry Soap Detergent Recipes : TipNut.com The first recipe is what I use for clothes with Fels-Naptha soap and when I was making for the CD's, just don't put in soap. Some people are against Borax but it's the only recipe and only detergent that Wyatt hasnt had issues with, event he Dreft made him break out when we were washing for the week in the hotel.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I am pretty sure we don't have hard water.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast