Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Promoting your Etsy shop

1. Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Blog Entries

Promoting your Etsy shop

Advertisements
    So I know a few of you ladies have Etsy shops.. I was just wondering what ways you have found to be successful in promoting your shop. I'm having a hard time getting my shop out there!

I have a facebook page for it, but that's hard to get out there because it's a business page ..so people have to find me, I cant find them!
    And since I dont meet the requirements on here just yet, I cant post it on here

My shop really means a lot to me personally because it's military based and I really want to get the name out there!

Do any of you have any suggestions ..or things that have worked for you?

Jen2407 is my Wifey!

Come Check us out... Items designed for MilSo's!!
    Operation Military Sweethearts
  2. Senior Member
    Have you shared your page and/or store on your personal Facebook? I'd do that and/or have contests/giveaways.
    if i never see you again i will always carry you
    inside outside

on my fingertips and at brain edges

and in centers
    centers of what i am of what remains
    --- charles bukowski.

time to eas, baby!
  3. verabot89
    verabot89
    I think it just takes a long time. There's no magic way. The first thing I can say is make sure your shop is really professional and great looking. Excellent photography, well written, clear, and fair shop policies, good item descriptions. Have a unique, clean crisp banner.

Search engine optimization is important, but as a basic summary: make sure you use all of your tags. make sure your tags match your title. If you item is "blue plush hippo" then make sure you have tags that say "blue hippo" "blue plush hippo" "blue plush" and "plush hippo". Also make your shop name as a tag (not in every item, that's overkill, just some of them), that way your items will come up in a search if someone is trying to find you. Make sure your titles and tags are reflective of how a customer would describe an item. Put the actual item identifier (coat, hairtie, plush, etc.) as close to the beginning of your item title as possible.

Join the forums and groups, especially if there is a regional one for your area. Make friends in there (like here!) and get to know people and their shops.

Do other people favors. Favorite items. Favorite shops. Tell your friends. Make facebook posts about other people's awesome stuff. It will come around back to you!

And utilize twitter. Gaining a twitter following takes a while but it's a really great way to connect with other crafters, spread the word, share ideas, and promote others (who will usually promote you back in some way).

Go to mycraftassistant.com. She has 20,000 something twitter followers and she has a program where for a small fee, like $5 she will blast an item of your choice all over twitter and facebook. Another option she has is a shop feature, where she will interview and post all about you and your shop. I have a product blast scheduled for August 19, I'll let you know how it goes!

Also, just get as many items in your shop as possible. The more items you have, the more likely it is that people will recognize you as a brand, take you seriously and find you in the future. Try and post an item in your shop every day or every other day-- this will keep your shop relevant. Shops with the most activity do the best.

Try doing a product giveaway. Make it a contest. I did an MSOS giveaway (after I made sure I had the requirements to talk about it here) and got like 85 facebook followers from that, it worked really well!

I'm sure most of this is stuff you already know, but it's what I do and it seems to be working okay for me! I don't devote enough time to it, but if I did I would see way better results. One time someone found me and linked to me though and I got 1500 viewers in 24 hours, and 5 sales that week. It was awesome.

ETA: If you want me to take a look at your shop, I'm happy to! PM me about it.
    MrsJennyyy is mah wife

4. Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Blog Entries
    yeah I've posted it on my personal facebook and a couple friends have gone and "liked" my shops page ...but I make custom military themed hair accessories, so it applies to a specific group. I mean, I can make them with any theme if someone wanted ..but in general its military support themed.

Jen2407 is my Wifey!

5. Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Blog Entries
    FruitPunch --Thank you!! That is all great advice! Some things I didnt really know about or think about so I'll definitely have to try it!!

Jen2407 is my Wifey!

6. Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    Preaching from the book of Johnny Cash...
    Everything that fruitpunch said is right on the money. SEO is the #1 most important thing to learn when you have an Etsy shop. Honestly, it was so hard for me to understand and learn how to use SEO properly, but it helped out my shop immensely once I got the hang of it.

The groups and forums give such good advice and they are also able to see and relay information that you might miss. I'd suggest finding groups in your area (as fruitpunch said) as well as groups in promotion,SEO, and shop feedback. There is a woman named CindyLouWho (no relation to the Cindy here) who has her own SEO group and keeps her members up to date on the ever changing google search terms. She will even give your shop a once over and give you amazing feedback if she has time.

Good luck
  7. Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Semper Fi kinda Life <3
    Blog Entries
    Awesome! I'll definitely have to hunt her down! hahah Thank you so much!

Jen2407 is my Wifey!

8. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Other things you can try is joining Facebook groups/pages that do giveaways and such, join in the give always, yes there may be out of pocket expense in the begining (donating times for giveaways), but most of the time, with what you get back in publicity and new customers pays for it. Also check out events locally, if you live on/near a military base the base may have some events, our the local area may have festivals or something that you can have a booth at.