Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cloth diapers..

1. Banned
    Banned

Jump for Joy Cloth diapers..

Advertisements
    I'm wanting to try cloth diapers...

I wanted to do them from the start but we've been given so many diapers and haven't had to buy but 1 pack (NB's bc of his cord) so far...

I didn't want to return them but I don't want to buy them now either..

I want to buy them new.. but I was wondering if anyone had any used to sell that I buy and can try to see if I'd like them in the first place....?

I might want to buy 2-5 different brands... and figure out what I like first.. I try to live an environmentally friendly life.. and this will help a LOT.

So any takers?
  2. Formally known as MRZ. ROBINSON
    Formally known as MRZ. ROBINSON
    Blog Entries
    Thought he can't wear all types of diapers because they will give him a rash. My mom used them for my sister but Would never buy them used. Just ain't saniatry
    I Love My Baby!
  3. Banned
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrz. Robinson View Post
    Thought he can't wear all types of diapers because they will give him a rash. My mom used them for my sister but Would never buy them used. Just ain't saniatry
    Cloth diapers are just that.. CLOTH.

They aren't made of harsh materials like other diapers are...

They don't have baby powder and other scented stuff in it.

Cloth diapers are the best for babies WITH diaper allergies.

Which is why I only want to buy a few to test and see if I like them...

And if you do laundry and use rice paper.. they ARE sanitary..
  4. Senior Member
    I buy used to diapers all the time... Lots of people do. So there must be a lot of unsanitary people running around, lmao.

Do you know what kind of dipes your looking for? I have some of everything for the most part (prefolds with snappi's, fitteds, pockets, all in ones). Different brands work for different people.

ETA: My daughter has ONLY gotten diaper rash in sposies.
  5. Formally known as MRZ. ROBINSON
    Blog Entries
    UMMM ok. I get it, but a study has shown that they aren't very eco friendly.

The report found that using washable nappies, hailed by councils throughout Britain as a key way of saving the planet, have a higher carbon footprint than their disposable equivalents unless parents adopt an extreme approach to laundering them.

To reduce the impact of cloth nappies on climate change parents would have to hang wet nappies out to dry all year round, keep them for years for use on younger children, and make sure the water in their washing machines does not exceed 60C
    http://thegreenists.com/its-complica...sposables/3363
    I Love My Baby!
  6. Formally known as MRZ. ROBINSON
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BubMunkeyBles View Post
    I buy used to diapers all the time... Lots of people do. So there must be a lot of unsanitary people running around, lmao.

Do you know what kind of dipes your looking for? I have some of everything for the most part (prefolds with snappi's, fitteds, pockets, all in ones). Different brands work for different people.
    Ok not saying people aren't just saying what my mother told me
    I Love My Baby!
  7. Banned
    Banned
    UMMM ok. I get it, but a study has shown that they aren't very eco friendly.

The report found that using washable nappies, hailed by councils throughout Britain as a key way of saving the planet, have a higher carbon footprint than their disposable equivalents unless parents adopt an extreme approach to laundering them.

To reduce the impact of cloth nappies on climate change parents would have to hang wet nappies out to dry all year round, keep them for years for use on younger children, and make sure the water in their washing machines does not exceed 60C
    http://thegreenists.com/its-complica...sposables/3363
    Ok not saying people aren't just saying what my mother told me
    Okay, Seriously. You don't know what you're talking about when it comes to this. You don't have kids. This is classifieds, not debate. If you don't have anything to sell please exit this thread...

And for your FYI I hang dry a lot of clothes.. INSIDE my house. SO please. Remove yourself.

ETA: I can also spend 300sh for 2-3 kids on clothies and spend 2k ish for each kid in their diaper years.. so yeah.. makes a difference..
  8. Formally known as MRZ. ROBINSON
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by felifreshh View Post
    Okay, Seriously. You don't know what you're talking about when it comes to this. You don't have kids. This is classifieds, not debate. If you don't have anything to sell please exit this thread...

And for your FYI I hang dry a lot of clothes.. INSIDE my house. SO please. Remove yourself.

ETA: I can also spend 300sh for 2-3 kids on clothies and spend 2k ish for each kid in their diaper years.. so yeah.. makes a difference..
    Haha i wasn't trying to debate sorry if you took it that way. Your right I don't have kids and just because you hvae one doesn't make you and expert on this. For you being so smart, I will do you the favor and leave this thread. B4 I get upset and hurt your feelings
    I Love My Baby!
  9. Banned
    Banned
    Haha i wasn't trying to debate sorry if you took it that way. Your right I don't have kids and just because you hvae one doesn't make you and expert on this. For you being so smart, I will do you the favor and leave this thread. B4 I get upset and hurt your feelings

Please show me where I said I was an expert... And PLEASE don't try and tell me that I don't know what's best for MY child..
  10. Senior Member
    Ugh, anyways. At least my daughters diapers aren't filling up landfills somewhere.

And some articles on CD and ecofriendliness.
    http://www.articlesbase.com/babies-a...y-1131139.html
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08079/866124-51.stm
    http://www.thenewparentsguide.com/diapers.htm
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast