Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Private swim lessons

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Private swim lessons

Advertisements
    Last edited by mrs.s; 01-06-2010 at 07:52 AM.
  2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    You are such a multitalented chica!

I would so do it if I lived there. I am taking swim lessons this fall. I am staring out with a six week group session and I will practice at my gym which has a 5ft lap pool.

3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    You are such a multitalented chica!

I would so do it if I lived there. I am taking swim lessons this fall. I am staring out with a six week group session and I will practice at my gym which has a 5ft lap pool.

Thank you! I appreciate the compliment. That's awesome that you are taking those classes in the fall. PM me if you ever need any help or a question about technique.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Thanks. I have actually taken swim lessons 2 other times. I do well with the intro class but then because I am scared of treading water I never advance. I know conceptually what to do but I never feel "comfortable." When I "swim" my breathing technique is not good either and if I'm not moving, my legs seem to sink.

My goal is just to take the intro class again and then just get in the pool that doesn't have a deep end and practice, practice, practice until I can get from one end to the other with proper breathing technique. Then I will do an intermediate class. I think I just have a confidence issue.

My goal is to be able to snorkel with confidence and feel safe in ocean water (just the beach kind of thing.)
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    Thanks. I have actually taken swim lessons 2 other times. I do well with the intro class but then because I am scared of treading water I never advance. I know conceptually what to do but I never feel "comfortable." When I "swim" my breathing technique is not good either and if I'm not moving, my legs seem to sink.

My goal is just to take the intro class again and then just get in the pool that doesn't have a deep end and practice, practice, practice until I can get from one end to the other with proper breathing technique. Then I will do an intermediate class. I think I just have a confidence issue.

My goal is to be able to snorkel with confidence and feel safe in ocean water (just the beach kind of thing.)

Haven't been on here in a while, and just wanted to bump this post.

To Marley, definitely take your time. With swimming, especially, it's very hard to move into something as big as threading if you are not comfortable in the water. Treading is probably 25% form, and 75% percent being comfortable in the water. I would suggest using taking small steps. You could do things like practicing pushing up from the bottom of the pool, and grabbing the wall in 4ft and then gradually moving yourself to deeper water.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    ahhh...I wish you were closer!!
    Your rates are better than the ones that Prince William county offer