Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Independant Consultants/Party Plan

1. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl
    Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

Independant Consultants/Party Plan

Advertisements
    OK ladies, can you tell me what your company has to offer their consultants, start up costs, are you required to sell x amount in y months? are you required to join more people? Any other info you can think of?

2. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I work with Avon..
    the cost to start was only $10.. not bad. For the first 4 campaigns, if you sell over $50 you make 50% of that. You don't have to sell a certain amount of product over any length of time. You only sell when you want, when it's convienient for you. You don't have to sign other people up to join, but you get money if you do. You don't have to have parties or go door to door. The products are actually very cheap compared to many other companies and they are great products. I think my biggest problem is i'm not making that much money cus I want to buy all this stuff for myself
  3. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries
    I sell Stampin' Up! products.

My start-up cost was reduced due to a sale that was occurring at the time. Normal start-up cost is $199 and you get a full starter kit that includes various supplies to start your card making and scrapbooking business. I spent a total of $300 during Stampin' Up!'s Sale-a-Bration (which is going on until March 31st) and received my start up kit, plus 6 free sets of stamps and 2 free products of my choice. Well worth it for the value of the items I now own!

You have to sell $300 worth of products per quarter in order to remain a consultant. You do not have to sign up any number of people to maintain your status though. Another huge plus is that, with the signed permission from your/ your SO's command, you can sell product while stationed OCONUS. Many companies do not allow their consultants to sell outside of the continental US. This is the only reason why I had to stop selling AVON & mark. but I am able to sell Stampin' Up! products to military & sponsored US citizens residing along with us in Italy. Also, while stationed OCONUS, there are no minimum sales to be met! You just sell and create at your leisure. No extra shipping charges either.

Oh, and commission varies. The more you sell and/or the more people you recruit to join your downline, the higher percentage of commission you make. My upline consultant does this as her single income and has been selling for 13 years. In those years, she's held the position of #1 in sales in the USA, she's been on 10 incentive cruises, and she's earned ten's of thousands in bonus monies. She holds 2-4 events per month at her house where friends just gather to stamp, make cards, and scrapbook! It's fun!
    Last edited by my.hero's.mrs; 03-16-2009 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Added more about OCONUS benefits
  4. Senior Member
    Hi with Pampered Chef kit fee of 155$ (right now there is a 50% off special for a limited time) you get your kit (high-quality, multifunctional products), catalogs, training materials, business management software, professional business supplies to market your business, and a tote to easily carry products and catalogs to and from shows.

Your assortment of products is:

Now it has been about a year since I have sold so if anything of the following info has changed I can not say for sure.

They do want you to try to sell a certain amount your first year. I believe it was 1000 in commissionable sales but they were not forcing it. You have to sell 200 a year in commissionable sales to stay active. They also have insurance for your kit that *again iirc* is a few bucks a month. And if you don't sell a couple months they don't take the money until the next time you get a commission check. I think initially you get 20% commission. That does increase as you move up in the company. You get a discount on product for your own self and there is one month in year where the amount increases for a higher discount.

They are very friendly and helpful when you call about assistance. They can be (or were) sticklers about advertising but they don't make it impossible.

All in all I found it a great company to work for and with and really enjoyed it. People everywhere know about PC so it isn't like you are selling company no one knows of. And the product have always been very good quality. I have a friend whose husband is professional chef and he uses many of PC's products in his kitchen at work.
  5. Senior Member
    I am an Independent Consultant for Arbonne. 100% natural pure, safe, and beneficial health and wellness products.

There are three different levels of Arbonne entry for both enjoying products and consultant work entry.

Client- Requires no initial start up cost and also receives no product discount.

Preferred Client- $29 for the first year start up cost and you receive a 20% discount on all products for the entire year with no minimum or maximum to spend monthly or yearly.

Consultant- $109 for the first year (renewal price goes down each year) You receive a 35% product discount and can sell the product and get to take advantage of all sorts of product discounts, sales and more at the discounted rate! You also get to make commission and override on any person you sign up as a part of your team either as a preferred client or consultant.

The products go from vitamins to shampoos, body wash, ant aging, skin care,make up, and lotions... with the 35% discount it actually becomes less expensive then department store products like estee lauder and clinique.

6. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

7. Just your everyday, laidback Aussie Girl

:bu,p cause I know there are more of you out there

8. Senior Member
    I seriously had my doubts and reservations about direct selling and network marketing at first, but if you have a product that you love and you are earning money; what is NOT to love!!!!

** I give my consultant discount to first time orders!!

Arbonne
    100% Pure, Beneficial, and Safe!

9. Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Not even the Army can shatter my spirit.
    Blog Entries
    Pampered Chef is good stuff... I wouldn't mind being a consultant with them either but one thing at a time.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Hey sandy you know what I do. lol.. little info, it is 100.00 for your starter kit, plus the shipping and handling in your area, you are not required to invest in inventory, or to sign people up, there are insentives if you do decide to build your business up, at first I just got my starter kit and got to know my products, and skin care, and then decided I wanted to go further with it, Its easy the products sell themselves, the cosmetice and skin care products are up 30% since the recession, and is one of the three things that does really well in recession, I have more infor I can email you if you are interested, In the month of march you can get a 100.00 rebate back, you get 6 months free personal website, mineral sample kit valued at 50.00 for free, and other insentives also. and then of course %50 of what you sell is your profit.. You can run your own business how ever you want its your business, so sells and what not are up to you, Even though you run your own business you are not alone, there is always people to help you with questions if you have any people to help you grow your business if you choose to, share ideas with each other, and motivate each other, If this is something you were interested in I would find a unit meeting in your area that you could go to the women would help you and support you they have them every week.. If you want me to email you more info just let me know...

God didn't have time to make a nobody." Mary Kay Ash.
    Wifey to LukesLilTrooper
    www.marykay.com/nbreaux
    nbreaux@marykay.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast