Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Trying to lose weight??

  1. Regular Member
    smile457793's Avatar
    smile457793 is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    35
    Blog Entries
    2
    #1

    Smile Trying to lose weight??

    Advertisements
    I'm short on cash... anddd I figure we can help each other out. I'm 5'3" and currently weigh 111 lbs. This hasn't always been the case!

    I know we all want to get in amazing shape and surprise our men when they come home... sounds great... but it isn't easy. 2 years ago I made a new years resolution to get in shape and shed the pounds I didn't deserve. And I did! Of course I spent money on self-help books and weight watchers... Didn't work. I trained myself and learned the facts and finally started shedding pounds. I went from 151 to my current 111, which I've been maintaining for over 6 months now. I'll personally "chat" you through the right and wrongs to losing weight! All I'm asking for is 5 dollars. I'm in desperate need. PM me if you are interested in helping out each other!
  2. Senior Member
    Southern-queen's Avatar
    Southern-queen is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,924
    #2
    Can I ask a question? Well of course I can but hopefully you will answer.

    What are the people getting for that $5 you are asking for?
  3. Senior Member
    instant_oatmeal's Avatar
    instant_oatmeal is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    12,706
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    Can I ask a question? Well of course I can but hopefully you will answer.

    What are the people getting for that $5 you are asking for?
    Good question!
  4. I'm 'The Cake Lady"
    Chris.'s Avatar
    Chris. is offline
    I'm 'The Cake Lady"
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    4,275
    Blog Entries
    1
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    Can I ask a question? Well of course I can but hopefully you will answer.

    What are the people getting for that $5 you are asking for?
    I think she's asking for $5 to 'personally' chat with us through the right and wrongs to losing weight......

    Quote Originally Posted by smile457793
    I'll personally "chat" you through the right and wrongs to losing weight! All I'm asking for is 5 dollars. I'm in desperate need. PM me if you are interested in helping out each other!
  5. Regular Member
    smile457793's Avatar
    smile457793 is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    35
    Blog Entries
    2
    #5

    :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    Can I ask a question? Well of course I can but hopefully you will answer.

    What are the people getting for that $5 you are asking for?
    The other ladies got it right. Basically advice, good foods, bad foods, portions, healthy calorie intake for desired weight....
  6. Mrs.Fanntastic
    ~Jennifer~'s Avatar
    ~Jennifer~ is offline
    Mrs.Fanntastic
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ft Huachuca Az...
    Posts
    2,015
    #6
    confused:confused
    ~MommaJ~

  7. Happy wife...happy life!
    Victoria's Avatar
    Victoria is offline
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    38,347
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by smile457793 View Post
    I'm short on cash... anddd I figure we can help each other out. I'm 5'3" and currently weigh 111 lbs. This hasn't always been the case!

    I know we all want to get in amazing shape and surprise our men when they come home... sounds great... but it isn't easy. 2 years ago I made a new years resolution to get in shape and shed the pounds I didn't deserve. And I did! Of course I spent money on self-help books and weight watchers... Didn't work. I trained myself and learned the facts and finally started shedding pounds. I went from 151 to my current 111, which I've been maintaining for over 6 months now. I'll personally "chat" you through the right and wrongs to losing weight! All I'm asking for is 5 dollars. I'm in desperate need. PM me if you are interested in helping out each other!

    Instead of paying you $5, one can use Google for FREE.



    or a library....
  8. Senior Member
    Nichole's Avatar
    Nichole is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Monterey, CA
    Posts
    2,801
    #8
    hmmm that sounds a little fishy to me. I mean we can just read stuff online and get the same info.
  9. Senior Member
    Southern-queen's Avatar
    Southern-queen is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,924
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by smile457793 View Post
    The other ladies got it right. Basically advice, good foods, bad foods, portions, healthy calorie intake for desired weight....
    So pay you for something anyone (including myself) can do for free or they can research for free. I have done this exact same thing for a company and was not paid.

    I don't mean this snarky, but unless you have a degree, there is no way *I* would pay someone for weight loss advice. General advice is available everywhere and specific advice is available via a professional.

    What works for one will not always work for another.

    I reread this and I think it might come across a tad bitchy. I do not mean it to do so. I just think for any money, I prefer more than a chat buddy.
  10. Happy wife...happy life!
    Victoria's Avatar
    Victoria is offline
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    38,347
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern-momma View Post
    So pay you for something anyone (including myself) can do for free or they can research for free. I have done this exact same thing for a company and was not paid.

    I don't mean this snarky, but unless you have a degree, there is no way *I* would pay someone for weight loss advice. General advice is available everywhere and specific advice is available via a professional.

    What works for one will not always work for another.

    I reread this and I think it might come across a tad bitchy. I do not mean it to do so. I just think for any money, I prefer more than a chat buddy.
    I agree right there with you!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •