Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Macintosh/Apple products...

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Macintosh/Apple products...

Advertisements
    I am sure many of you know that they offer generous student discounts on computers. But they also offer a military discount for computers, as well as iPods too. I think it's 10-15%, I can't quite remember... just thought I would pass that along to those who are thinking of new iPods this Christmas!
  2. Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns
    Keep Calm and Ride Unicorns

Ooooh, thanks for the info! My niece wants an iPod. That student discount will come in handy. Haha.
  3. Rachee03
    Gosh, this is off topic...but when I first read the title, it thought it said macintosh apple products...like, the type of apple. I was like Apple products? I thought maybe they were good for your skin or something....sheesh. I must be hungry...
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachee03 View Post
    Gosh, this is off topic...but when I first read the title, it thought it said macintosh apple products...like, the type of apple. I was like Apple products? I thought maybe they were good for your skin or something....sheesh. I must be hungry...
    I didn't think about it like that!

Trina, the student discount is no longer good on iPods, the lady told me that a few days ago, which is when she mentioned the federal discount instead.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rileysmom View Post
    I am sure many of you know that they offer generous student discounts on computers. But they also offer a military discount for computers, as well as iPods too. I think it's 10-15%, I can't quite remember... just thought I would pass that along to those who are thinking of new iPods this Christmas!
    PM me. Where do you get this discount. ARgh! At walmart or best buy. I want to some as gifts. RRRR

My Sweetheart

Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by afanararoy View Post
    PM me. Where do you get this discount. ARgh! At walmart or best buy. I want to some as gifts. RRRR
    Through Apple.com. Are you looking at giving iPods? Let me know and I will give you the direct link for the federal discount.
  7. Senior Member
    Trey could you PM me the info also. I am buying two I Pods for Christmas. TIA
  8. Senior Member
    That is cool,thanks. I want a Ipod!!!!!
  9. Senior Member
    Go to www.apple.com. Click on Store. Then at the bottom right you'll see a drop down menu box. Select US Government. Now select Federal Employee and accept the terms and conditions. It will take you back to the store page but all the prices will be the military discount.

Now, FYI PX, NEX, etc. should price match. Just print out the page that shows the price, and take it to your local exchange store. Show them the price through Apple (which is the same price you will get it at The Apple Store locations) and they should price match. You don't need to mention that this is the military price (it doesn't say that on the page). Now you're getting the discount price PLUS no tax. Not bad really!

The best deals are on the Mac Book Pro. I think the discount is $100 on the Mac Book and $200 on the Mac Book Pro. The iPod Nano discount is minimal ($187 instead of $199) but still, no tax, plus $12 off isn't to be sneezed at.