Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: jobs - govt contracting

  1. Senior Member
    USNIwife's Avatar
    USNIwife is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    17,439
    #1

    jobs - govt contracting

    Advertisements
    Been unemployed for 2 yrs at this duty command. Any reputable job referrals for management in govt contracting are ***GREATLY**** appreciated.

    Amanda
  2. ArmyGF2
    Guest
    ArmyGF2's Avatar
    Guest
    #2
    go to http://www.federaljobsearch.com it may be of some help. Good Luck!
  3. Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    AG2Wife's Avatar
    AG2Wife is offline
    Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,695
    #3
    also try your local gov -- just by looking up the city.. such as va beach. I also recommend looking up other places in Hampton Roads to widen your search





  4. Senior Member
    USNIwife's Avatar
    USNIwife is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    17,439
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyGF2 View Post
    go to http://www.federaljobsearch.com it may be of some help. Good Luck!
    Thank you wasn't familiar with that fed site. Appreciate it. Need to find a job I can transfer with us as my husband finishes up his military career. Thank you!!

    My Sweetheart


    Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  5. Senior Member
    USNIwife's Avatar
    USNIwife is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    17,439
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by AG2Wife View Post
    also try your local gov -- just by looking up the city.. such as va beach. I also recommend looking up other places in Hampton Roads to widen your search
    Tried the local stuff. The salaries are LOW for this area. TOO LOW. You know what I mean?!?! But, thank you - - excellent idea!! (I thought about substitute teaching for this command and I'm not a teacher by nature. I was MORTIFIED to see that subs here make $8.70 an hour) HORRIBLE!!

    My Sweetheart


    Quote Originally Posted by LoveKiss View Post
    Would you please not tempt the deployment gods?! They are vindictive and cruel.
  6. Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    AG2Wife's Avatar
    AG2Wife is offline
    Wife of a weather guy, mom to a toddler tornado!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,695
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by afanararoy View Post
    Tried the local stuff. The salaries are LOW for this area. TOO LOW. You know what I mean?!?! But, thank you - - excellent idea!! (I thought about substitute teaching for this command and I'm not a teacher by nature. I was MORTIFIED to see that subs here make $8.70 an hour) HORRIBLE!!
    Alot of places in Hampton Roads don't pay alot in general unless you have a degree... even then, you really have to look.





Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •