Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Car Seat Travel Systems?

1. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

Help Car Seat Travel Systems?

Advertisements
    Help. I've offered to help my neice out with a carseat and crib. She asked for the Chicco KeyFit carseat. I see she can also use the stroller. BUT that system totals $299 plus shipping and tax. I found the Graco Spree travel system and that costs $180 plus shipping and tax. I know the Chicco is top rated...but does anyone else have the Graco Spree? Graco is a good brand, I know this.

I don't want to sound cheap but I'm also purchasing the crib for about $250..so if the Graco is comparable to the Chicco then why not, right?
  2. Senior Member
    I have the Graco snugride travel system. I am very happy with it so far. It was 199$ I believe.
  3. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Any carseat is safe as long as it's installed and used properly. You can't go wrong with either system so if you prefer to get the Graco, it will be fine
  4. Senior Member
    We have a Graco not sure which one but I love it.
    Don't judge someone just because they sin differently than you.

5. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Oh and I've got a Chicco this time and had a graco and I will say the graco seemed less "bulky"
  6. Moderator

Does she know that you're buying those specific items? Or is it a surprise? Can you ask her if she would be happy with the Graco? I Graco. Everything I've ever bought from that brand has been PERFECT.
  7. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    I think it's very kind of you to help her with these things... like... SUPER generous. I was looking at the Chicco Cortina travel system (that comes with the Keyfit car seat) but decided against it and went with the Graco Snugride infant seat. I had Graco travel systems with my first two kiddos and was perfectly happy with them. The only reason I didn't get the travel system this time is because I'm wanting a more lightweight/compact stroller for this baby when she outgrows the infant seat.

Darn... I had actually found the Chicco travel system clearanced for $200, but it looks like they're all gone. Anyway, I would probably tell her that you can either buy that infant seat OR you can buy her an entire Graco travel system and let her choose which she'd like. If it's really important to her to have the Chicco infant seat for some reason, that might be the best route. Is it possible she already has the Chicco Cortina stroller or someone else is buying it for her?
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  8. Looking for the sunshine...

Thanks gals! I went with the Graco. She knows I'm purchasing a car seat and crib and she sent me a photo of the more expensive one but I have to buy what's in my budget. I feel I'm being very generous with gifts that come to about $400.
  9. One Day At A Time...
    One Day At A Time...
    Dear Jayo,

Will you be my aunt, too??

Love,
    Kayla

Seriously though... so awesome that you are helping her with this! I think she will ne excited with anything you get her!
  10. Looking for the sunshine...

Quote Originally Posted by BethM View Post
    I think it's very kind of you to help her with these things... like... SUPER generous. I was looking at the Chicco Cortina travel system (that comes with the Keyfit car seat) but decided against it and went with the Graco Snugride infant seat. I had Graco travel systems with my first two kiddos and was perfectly happy with them. The only reason I didn't get the travel system this time is because I'm wanting a more lightweight/compact stroller for this baby when she outgrows the infant seat.

Darn... I had actually found the Chicco travel system clearanced for $200, but it looks like they're all gone. Anyway, I would probably tell her that you can either buy that infant seat OR you can buy her an entire Graco travel system and let her choose which she'd like. If it's really important to her to have the Chicco infant seat for some reason, that might be the best route. Is it possible she already has the Chicco Cortina stroller or someone else is buying it for her?
    Thanks for trying to find the Chicco system for me! No one is planning baby shower for her and things are tight for them. I just wanted to make sure I didn't get a "cheap" one. But I'm familiar with Graco so I feel good with my decision.

Now to find a crib.....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast