1. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by KaylaH View Post
    Dear Jayo,

Will you be my aunt, too??

Love,
    Kayla

Seriously though... so awesome that you are helping her with this! I think she will ne excited with anything you get her!

I feel fortunate that I am able to help her out. That's what families are supposed to do. I remember not having anyone there for us when we just started out and were expecting dd #1.
  2. Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Feelin' fly like a Cheesestick
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayo View Post
    Thanks for trying to find the Chicco system for me! No one is planning baby shower for her and things are tight for them. I just wanted to make sure I didn't get a "cheap" one. But I'm familiar with Graco so I feel good with my decision.

Now to find a crib.....
    Oh, nope, not "cheap"! Graco is good. I bought a Graco Snugride infant seat because it's compatible with my $400 BOB jogging stroller. So I wouldn't consider myself cheap and I have one!
    Beth, Mama to Emmalee (12), Evan (9), and Ella (4 on May 7) (I really REALLY need to update my picture!)
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I think it really just depends how picky she is. If the seats are almost exactly the same, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Honestly, I returned the set I was given. I asked for a very specific set for very specific reasons. It has certain features that worked very well for our family. My grandmother is a last minute shopper kind of person, and just bought the first one she saw at wal-mart on the morning of my shower. Annoying!! I would just try to do a comparison of the one she picked and find something that matches it closely in your price range.
  4. New Member
    Wow! You really are a very generous person. I had a Graco Travel System for DD and it worked great. I'm sorry that your niece picked out the most expensive system she could find. I'm sure that she'll be happy with Graco, considering she doesn't have to foot the bill.

Good luck finding a crib!

One True Love
  5. New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarianna View Post
    I think it really just depends how picky she is. If the seats are almost exactly the same, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Honestly, I returned the set I was given. I asked for a very specific set for very specific reasons. It has certain features that worked very well for our family. My grandmother is a last minute shopper kind of person, and just bought the first one she saw at wal-mart on the morning of my shower. Annoying!! I would just try to do a comparison of the one she picked and find something that matches it closely in your price range.
    I find this a little different though. If your grandmother hadn't offered to help you out with the system, then she didn't need to buy that item for you. She could have picked something different off your registry or given you a gift card/money to help pay for it.

One True Love
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleW View Post
    I find this a little different though. If your grandmother hadn't offered to help you out with the system, then she didn't need to buy that item for you. She could have picked something different off your registry or given you a gift card/money to help pay for it.
    I told her I needed a crib. I had already bought a suitable stroller, I just needed the carseat that fit on it. I am pretty sure she doesn't listen to a word I say. I still have no crib
  7. New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarianna View Post
    I told her I needed a crib. I had already bought a suitable stroller, I just needed the carseat that fit on it. I am pretty sure she doesn't listen to a word I say. I still have no crib
    That's kind of funny, really. Sorry.

One True Love
  8. Senior Member
    wow I must be looking at the wrong travel systems. The Peg Perego one we were planning to get is like 580.
  9. Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.
    Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear.

Jayo, I have a graco lauren crib for Ansley and so far, I love it! It was about 140$, maybe less, can't remember off the top of my head but I love it so far!
  10. Happy wife...happy life!
    Happy wife...happy life!
    Quote Originally Posted by fallinstar View Post
    wow I must be looking at the wrong travel systems. The Peg Perego one we were planning to get is like 580.
    We went with the Peg Perego stroller and a Chicco Keyfit 30 car seat.

Jayo, I've never seen or heard of the Graco Spree before. I must say, you're a VERY generous aunt!!!!!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast