Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CAREER COUNSELOR CALLED!!!!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Advertisements
    woot!!!
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  2. Senior Member
    So does he know what job he'll be doing, or is that the negotiation part? Will he then go off to OCS and then training for the new job?
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    So does he know what job he'll be doing, or is that the negotiation part? Will he then go off to OCS and then training for the new job?
    he is going in as enlisted, he is cross rating to MM from EN, and he might have to go back to the MM school, but it would be at the discretion of his next command if I understand correctly. I guess he used to do the work now designated to MMs as an EN, so he is happy about that.

He just finished his bachelors and he is putting his officer package in, but not counting on it, he doesn't have a competitive GPA, he says in two years he could try for LPO. He is looking good at the nosc, he was the blue jacket sailor of the quarter and was put in for of the year, so I mean, that's something? I'm slightly hopeful that if he is just working out of the nosc for a little while they could get his officer package started--- but really quite doubtful.

Honestly, I don't care what he does or where we go, he has a job now and we can count on having steady income. If he is happy enlisted, I'll be his number one fan.
  4. Senior Member
    the negitiation is location, the advantage of RC to AC is that if his three picks are unavailable, they come back to him, where as when he was active, he just got put where they needed him when his first three weren't doable.
    Although, in the back of my mind, with this and every good thing I hear, I'm saying "in theory," needs of the navy I'm sure would trump his wishes.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic2Doula View Post
    he is going in as enlisted, he is cross rating to MM from EN, and he might have to go back to the MM school, but it would be at the discretion of his next command if I understand correctly. I guess he used to do the work now designated to MMs as an EN, so he is happy about that.

He just finished his bachelors and he is putting his officer package in, but not counting on it, he doesn't have a competitive GPA, he says in two years he could try for LPO. He is looking good at the nosc, he was the blue jacket sailor of the quarter and was put in for of the year, so I mean, that's something? I'm slightly hopeful that if he is just working out of the nosc for a little while they could get his officer package started--- but really quite doubtful.

Honestly, I don't care what he does or where we go, he has a job now and we can count on having steady income. If he is happy enlisted, I'll be his number one fan.
    Ah, got it. It's been so emotional watching you go through this journey and I feel weirdly emotional about this thing that is happening to some internet stranger, but I am seriously so, so happy for you!
    Science always wins over bullshit. ~Dick Rutkowski
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by villanelle View Post
    Ah, got it. It's been so emotional watching you go through this journey and I feel weirdly emotional about this thing that is happening to some internet stranger, but I am seriously so, so happy for you!
    I appreciate it.
    It has been a freaking roller coaster. He had been so sure there would be a spot open in October, when there wasn't we both got so worried and everything was so tense. There has already been a change in his attitude and he has smiled more the past two days than he has in a long time.
    Relieved is the understatement of the century.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

That's awesome! Congrats to your family!
  8. Regular Member
    I'm so happy to hear this great news! What a weight off your shoulders!
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fleurdelis View Post
    I'm so happy to hear this great news! What a weight off your shoulders!
    thanks! it so is!!!! it couldn't be better timing!!!!
    he re enlists thursday and goes to work Friday.
    I'm gonna make bacon thursday morning!

his demeanor has changed so much for the better. it really brings tears to my eyes. I'm so mushy.
  10. Senior Member
    Congrats, things are looking up!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12