Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ya girlís got a job

1. Plays with knives
    Plays with knives
    Lv. Percent
    2.47%

Dance Ya girlís got a job

Advertisements
    I am now back to being gainfully employed. I get an entire kitchen to run, minions to boss and menus to design. Oh God.
    Accensum qui pedicat urit mentulam.
  2. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    62.42%

Last edited by Medic2Doula; 10-06-2017 at 05:03 AM. Reason: spelling
  3. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Lv. Percent
    10.84%
    Congrats!!! What kinda menu? Does it have to be a specific cuisine type?
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  4. Plays with knives
    Plays with knives
    Lv. Percent
    2.47%
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    Congrats!!! What kinda menu? Does it have to be a specific cuisine type?
    Itís a local brewery. They have a pub attached with all their stuff on tap, and they want someone to run the kitchen. The current menu there looks quite casual mod oz, but I can do whatever I like as long as it complements their product - Iím currently thinking of all the things I start craving when Iíve been drinking, wondering how much of it I can translate! Definitely Iím thinking food you can share, stuff you can eat with your hands...

The menu has to change over several times a year. They have seasonal releases as well as their main line, and even though I donít yet know what the new beers are Iím going to have to come up with something.
  5. Plays with knives
    Plays with knives
    Lv. Percent
    2.47%
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Oh my gosh! Congratulations!
    That sounds like a tedious but fun job! Good luck!
    Tedious? No I get a lot of creative freedom, and on a day to day basis I’m probably going to be doing all kinds of different things. My first day was today.
  6. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Lv. Percent
    10.84%
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
    Tedious? No I get a lot of creative freedom, and on a day to day basis I’m probably going to be doing all kinds of different things. My first day was today.
    Congrats!! How was it? What's your fave dish you put on the menu?
  7. Plays with knives
    Plays with knives
    Lv. Percent
    2.47%
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    Congrats!! How was it? What's your fave dish you put on the menu?
    It was good. The guy I replaced couldn’t do paperwork worth a pinch of the proverbial shit, but he could run a very good crew. They’re everything I was hoping they’d be, and they seem to have taken the change in command well. I did about six different things yesterday, too - I started the day outside splitting timber for the wood oven (yes, we have a wood oven and smoker outside, I can’t wait to play with that!) and finished it doing paperwork in my office. I’ve never had an office before!

As for favourites on the menu...I haven’t put it on YET (I haven’t had a chance to) but I’ve got a plan for kangaroo skewers with lemon myrtle, wattleseed and Dorrigo pepper that were really, really nice when I tested it at home. Nice, easy food you can eat with your hands.
  8. Senior Member
    Lv. Percent
    93.42%
    It was good. The guy I replaced couldn’t do paperwork worth a pinch of the proverbial shit, but he could run a very good crew. They’re everything I was hoping they’d be, and they seem to have taken the change in command well. I did about six different things yesterday, too - I started the day outside splitting timber for the wood oven (yes, we have a wood oven and smoker outside, I can’t wait to play with that!) and finished it doing paperwork in my office. I’ve never had an office before!

As for favourites on the menu...I haven’t put it on YET (I haven’t had a chance to) but I’ve got a plan for kangaroo skewers with lemon myrtle, wattleseed and Dorrigo pepper that were really, really nice when I tested it at home. Nice, easy food you can eat with your hands.
    Sounds yummy! What does kangaroo taste like?
  9. Plays with knives
    Plays with knives
    Lv. Percent
    2.47%
    Quote Originally Posted by kt_bug View Post
    Sounds yummy! What does kangaroo taste like?
    Imagine something halfway between beef and venison - gamier, darker meat than beef. It’s very lean, so it’s best at medium rare or below (which suits me very well considering how I prefer my meat!) but as long as you don’t overcook it and dry it out it’s delicious. The tail is a GREAT slow-cooking cut.

Plus, you know, it gives me an excuse to play with the native spices, which is always fun.

I buy it all the time for home use. I’m obnoxiously picky about beef (my whole life, I’ve been spoiled on the subject of good beef...get me started and I’ll talk for days) and roo is much cheaper. To date, my kids seem not to mind eating Skippy.
  10. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Lv. Percent
    10.84%

Sounds awesome! What are those herbs though, I need to try them. Always looking for new spices to taste.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast