Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: I got a job and a car!!! :)

1. Regular Member

I got a job and a car!!! :)

Advertisements
    So I've been living in VA for just about a month now, and yesterday I went in for my first job interview and was hired on the spot! It's nothing big, just a sales job at Journeys in the mall, but I worked for the company in Maine and it was a really fun job and there's lots of room for advancement. I'm so excited!

On top of that, DB and I had been talking, and the little beater I had been driving around (inspection runs out in dec. and it's not in great shape..at all) was gonna cost at least a few thousand dollars to get inspectable, and even then it still might not be. And where he's getting deployed soon, he had been worrying fiercely that he'd end up getting an email from me saying that the car broke/didn't pass inspection and I couldn't afford to fix it, and he didn't want me to be in that situation, especially in such a big city/new area. Sooooo.....he took me to the dealership to "look at what they have and get prices just for reference" and he said that the price was right and he put down a down payment (less than what we were quoted to fix the beater) on a new car for me! I'm absolutely beside myself, but I am so grateful and we are both much more at ease now that I've got a safe reliable car. That also means I'll be able to safely drive home for Christmas and not worry about boarding our dog cause I can take her with me! (Previous option was flying which is hard with a puppy) I am so beyond excited!
  2. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

congratulations!! That's awesome ... Job hunting sucks so I'm really glad you got something right away!
  3. Senior Member
    woo!!!! awesome news
  4. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    congratulations!! That's awesome ... Job hunting sucks so I'm really glad you got something right away!

Thank you!!
    It definitely helps that I had recently (within the past 4 mos) worked for the company, so it was really just a matter of getting in for an interview with a busy manager haha. My mom works in adult ed/career finding kind of stuff, so she's prepared me from a young age to be able to find resources quickly and used to do mock interviews with me. I wouldn't be anywhere without her help!
    Last edited by xylilz; 09-29-2017 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Adding on
  5. Regular Member
    Congrats on all the great news! I'm so glad you're both gaining a bit more peace of mind
  6. Senior Member
    Yay!! Congrats!!! That's exciting!
  7. Regular Member
    Congratulations!!! I'm so so happy for you!!!