Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Care Package Ideas!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Care Package Ideas!

Advertisements
    Here are the first few care packages I've sent DH! The top was was filled with lollipops for his shop and the other two was all stuff for him.

I have a few more planned before he heads home but I need different ideas to fill them with! The themes I'm planning are PIZZA, Father's Day (going to be full of stuff from the dogs and the baby lol), 4th of July/Americana and a coming home soon package for his last one!

2. Senior Member
    So much better compared to me...I was lucky that I got even 2 boxes off this time...granted I sent him with the holiday decorations prior to him leaving anyway with a huge box of candy for Halloween and christmas decor for christmas even with a tree from my garage.....Everything else two kids, a move and busy schedule (ok not as busy as I wish) but still it was hard to come up with things this time around.
  3. Regular Member
    Impressive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post
    Here are the first few care packages I've sent DH! The top was was filled with lollipops for his shop and the other two was all stuff for him.

I have a few more planned before he heads home but I need different ideas to fill them with! The themes I'm planning are PIZZA, Father's Day (going to be full of stuff from the dogs and the baby lol), 4th of July/Americana and a coming home soon package for his last one!

4. Regular Member
    You sent him a christmas tree?
    I need to up my game next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Margot31 View Post
    So much better compared to me...I was lucky that I got even 2 boxes off this time...granted I sent him with the holiday decorations prior to him leaving anyway with a huge box of candy for Halloween and christmas decor for christmas even with a tree from my garage.....Everything else two kids, a move and busy schedule (ok not as busy as I wish) but still it was hard to come up with things this time around.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I did a few this deployment. Christmas - wrapped in Avengers paper. Valentines - red paper, pink heart in the middle of cardio graph lines, with "You make my heart skip a beat." Birthday - red/blue superman themed, "happy birthday to my {super} hero." Easter - Yellow paper with a white bunny, "I'm so hoppy you're coming home!"

Majority of the items inside were themed candy/snacks. Oreos, cheez-it's, jerky, protein bars, pringles, fruit snacks, flavored almonds, pop-tarts, and anything wrapped individually were all hits with DH. He said they were able to be stored nicely for space and allowed him to share with his guys. Plus the fact that it wasn't stuff they got on the boat.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeHappens View Post
    You sent him a christmas tree?
    I need to up my game next time.
    No...i had one in my garage...a small thing i picked up from like home goods....and i sent it with him when he left.
  7. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    You go to a lot more effort decorating yours than I do. More often than not, I give the kids their crayons or textas, wind them up and let them go
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  8. Senior Member
    This is seriously impressive! Nothing I ever put together looked anything like this.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Margot31 View Post
    haha I still only have one kid who naps a lot...I find doing them makes time go by faster and makes me not so board stuck at home so much since I'm still trying not to take her out in public too much. I love the tree haha!

Quote Originally Posted by LifeHappens View Post
    Impressive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    I did a few this deployment. Christmas - wrapped in Avengers paper. Valentines - red paper, pink heart in the middle of cardio graph lines, with "You make my heart skip a beat." Birthday - red/blue superman themed, "happy birthday to my {super} hero." Easter - Yellow paper with a white bunny, "I'm so hoppy you're coming home!"

Majority of the items inside were themed candy/snacks. Oreos, cheez-it's, jerky, protein bars, pringles, fruit snacks, flavored almonds, pop-tarts, and anything wrapped individually were all hits with DH. He said they were able to be stored nicely for space and allowed him to share with his guys. Plus the fact that it wasn't stuff they got on the boat.
    I love the Valentines and Easter ones! those sayings are so cute!!

This is what I've been doing to fill it just themed food lol my last one had a lot of non-chocolate easter candy haha. For the pizza one I'm trying to get a little more creative so I got little games from the dollar store and some plastic silverware etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
    You go to a lot more effort decorating yours than I do. More often than not, I give the kids their crayons or textas, wind them up and let them go
    Cricut does 90% of it haha all i have to do is tape it together and design it! If Madison was old enough to color on some I would totally have her doing that!
    Quote Originally Posted by PaUSMC View Post
    This is seriously impressive! Nothing I ever put together looked anything like this.
    awe thanks!
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post
    haha I still only have one kid who naps a lot...I find doing them makes time go by faster and makes me not so board stuck at home so much since I'm still trying not to take her out in public too much. I love the tree haha!

thanks!

I love the Valentines and Easter ones! those sayings are so cute!!

This is what I've been doing to fill it just themed food lol my last one had a lot of non-chocolate easter candy haha. For the pizza one I'm trying to get a little more creative so I got little games from the dollar store and some plastic silverware etc.

Cricut does 90% of it haha all i have to do is tape it together and design it! If Madison was old enough to color on some I would totally have her doing that!

awe thanks!
    I've seen some good pizza themed ones on Pinterest. I know a lot of people will also include pizza flavored snacks like pringles, gold fish, etc.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast